We're looking for a performance-addicted SQL Server DBA to join our team. With hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide, Campaign Monitor is one of Australia's fastest growing SaaS platforms. In this exciting and challenging role you’ll be responsible for ensuring this wealth of data is secure, fast and reliable.
- Drive and execute our high availability/disaster recovery planning. You’ll have tested plans for scenarios ranging from a single server failure to an entire data center being destroyed.
- Monitor database performance and optimise problematic queries.
- Scale both our hardware and software as we continue to add terabytes of data and tens of thousands of new users on a regular basis.
- Work closely with our engineering team to ensure new features are fast, even when they’re running against production tables with billions of rows.
Most importantly, you should have a strong aversion to downtime. Our customers have come to expect that Campaign Monitor doesn’t go down, and you should be willing to go the extra mile to keep it that way.
- 5+ years hands on SQL Server experience
- Experience monitoring SQl Server databases and identifying/optimising problematic queries
- Experience implementing the various forms of SQL Server high availability/disaster recovery solutions (clustering, log shipping, mirroring etc)
- Exposure to various storage hardware (direct attached, NAS, SAN etc)
- Focused on security best practices
- Exposure to NoSQL databases
- C# coding experience is highly desirable
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills