If you’ve got a subscribe form on more than one page on your site, Campaign Monitor provides a really simple way of tracking which pages or forms your subscribers are signing up from.
Here are the steps:
- Add a custom field to your subscriber list called “source” (or something similar).
- Head into Create a subscribe form and make sure you select the new “source” custom field to be included. Save your changes and copy the supplied code for your subscribe form.
- Add the subscribe code to your site, but change the text for the source field from
- Place this code on each of the pages on your site, and give the hidden field a value. For example, the front page could use
value="frontpage"and the contact page could be
- Every time someone completes these subscribe forms, they’ll be added to your list and the hidden form value will passed into the “source” field.
This gives you an easy way to find out which pages on your site are converting the most subscribers.