Do you use various software tools, like an accounting package, CRM or eCommerce platform, to help you run your business?
If so, it’s likely that you have a lot of information about your customers sitting in those tools. Information like name, email, location, gender, purchase history and more.
That’s incredibly valuable information to have in your email marketing tool. You could use it to segment your lists, trigger autoresponders or even dynamically change the content of your newsletters to suit the characteristics of each subscriber.
All of which would increase the success of your email marketing efforts and drive revenue for your business.
In this post, we’ll show you how integrating your business apps can help you grow your revenue and give you the tools you need to make it happen.
Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing channels around today.
In fact, according to a recent study by VentureBeat email has the highest ROI of any marketing channel available, beating out social media, paid search, TV and radio among others.
However, your organisation’s success with email marketing largely depends on the quality and depth of data in your email lists.
If you have a lot of old subscribers and very little information about them, then chances are your ROI will be a lot lower than if you had up-to-date lists and comprehensive information about each subscriber.
But how can you make sure your lists are always up to date? And how can you ensure you have in-depth data about each of your subscribers to use for segmentation and dynamic content purposes?
The answer to both of these questions is integration.
Because chances are you actually have the information you need, it just lives in other systems. For eCommerce companies, that data might live in your chosen eCommerce platform. For sales-based businesses that might exist in your CRM or accounting tool, and for retailers that might live in your POS system.
By integrating these tools with your email marketing solution, that data can be automatically available to you to help you segment your lists, trigger autoresponders or even insert dynamic content into campaigns.
What can be integrated?
Now that you understand the importance of integration, let’s take a look at what can actually be integrated:
If you run an online store, then chances are most of your customer data is located in your chosen eCommerce platform, including the customer’s name, email address, gender, purchase history and more.
This information is really valuable, so making it available in your email marketing tool is a great step towards driving more revenue from email marketing.
Here’s some ideas for what you could do if you integrated your eCommerce platform and your email marketing software:
- Send review request email campaigns – Showing customer reviews on your website is a proven way to increase conversions. In fact, research from Bazaarvoice shows products with reviews have a 10% higher conversion rate than those without. By integrating your eCommerce platform with your email marketing tool, you can set up automated email campaigns that get sent to customers after purchase to request they leave reviews on your site. This tactic is so successful that when UK homewares retailer Argo implemented it they received over 70,000 reviews in a single day.
- Segment your audience to send more relevant campaigns – Got a new sale or promotion coming up? Rather than sending your offer to your entire list regardless of whether it’s relevant to them or not, you should be segmenting your list (by gender, location or whatever is most relevant to the promotion) and sending the campaign to those who you know are going to be interested. By integrating your email tool and eCommerce platform, the data you need to perform this segmentation will be ready and waiting for you.
- Use dynamic content to show the right offers to the right people – If you send a regular newsletter, you’ll know it’s a powerful driver of traffic to your website. However, the key to success with a newsletter is making sure the content is relevant to each and every individual subscriber. Once you’ve integrated your email tool and eCommerce platform, you can use dynamic content functionality to easily change the content of your email based on the details of a specific subscriber (like location, gender, previous purchase history, etc.)
- Send birthday emails with special offers – A birthday is an exciting time for anyone, and also a time in which people are willing to treat themselves. By integrating your eCommerce platform with your email tool, you can setup automatic birthday emails that go out to your customers with a special offer or discount for their birthday, driving them to your business to make a purchase.
- Send subscription reminder emails – If your eCommerce business operates on a subscription model (like Dollar Shave Club or Trunk Club for instance) then subscription reminder emails are a great way to reduce account cancellations and grow revenue. By integrating your eCommerce platform with your email marketing tool, you can set up a series of reminder emails that automatically go out to customers in the lead up to their subscription expiry date encouraging them to renew.
Through various tools and extensions, email marketing tools like Campaign Monitor can integrate with the following eCommerce platforms:
- WooCommerce (WordPress)
- And more
If your business has salespeople driving new customer acquisition, then chances are they are using a CRM system to help manage their relationships with prospects and get visibility into their pipeline.
This can be powerful data to have in your email marketing tool, and can be used to fuel smart, powerful email marketing campaigns that generate real revenue for your business.
By integrating your CRM and email marketing tool, you can:
- Setup Automated Lead Nurturing Emails – According to research, over 50% of leads generated are qualified but not yet ready to buy. By integrating your CRM and email marketing tool, you can set up a series of automated lead nurturing emails that go out to prospects who might not be ready to buy just yet. These emails can educate them on your market and how your product can benefit them, automatically nurturing them through the buying cycle until they are ready to be closed by your sales representatives.
- Target prospects by stage – Sometimes a prospect might just need a special offer or certain piece of information to get them over the line. By integrating your CRM with your email marketing tool, you can segment your subscribers by stage of the sales cycle they are in, and send them highly relevant campaigns that are going to close the deal. Special offers & discounts can work great in this area, or case studies and whitepapers can also be a good fit depending on your business.
- Subscription renewal emails – If you have a sales team, then chances are they are recording every closed deal in your CRM along with the date they closed it. When integrated with your email marketing tool, this information becomes incredibly valuable at renewal time. You can send customers an automated email series in the leadup to their renewal date reminding them of the impending renewal and encouraging them to take action.
- Send Upsell Emails – Imagine you’ve just launched a great new product or extension that you think your existing customers will love. By having your CRM integrated with your email tool, you can segment your subscriber list to only show current customers and send them a campaign informing them of the great new product or extension you’ve released. This highly relevant email is botht imely and relevant for customers, and drives you increased revenue from your existing customer base.
- Usage & Resources Emails – Come renewal time, a customer’s decision to renew their contract often comes down to how much value they have received out of your product. If your product is a critical part of their business the renewal is almost guaranteed, but if they hardly use it then it’s likely they’ll cancel. By integrating your CRM with your email tool, you can set up an automated series of emails that goes out to customers starting the day they sign the contract. This series of emails can educate customers on best practices for using your product and show them how to integrate it deeply into their business. Then, come renewal time, your product is such an integral part of their organisation they have no choice but to renew.
Through various tools and extensions, email marketing tools like Campaign Monitor can integrate with the following CRM tools:
- Zoho CRM
- Capsule CRM
- Sugar CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics
- and more
Websites & Landing Pages
If you’re doing email marketing and reading this post, then chances are you have a websites whose goal is to drive revenue for your business.
Whether you achieve that by capturing leads through contact forms or by selling products directly on your website, the information people enter into your site is incredibly value in your email marketing tool.
By integrating the two, you can implement a number of email marketing initiatives that will grow revenue for your business including:
- Automatically follow up with leads – Research shows 35%-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first, so when a new lead reaches out to you via the contact form on your website you need to get back to them ASAP. By integrating your website forms with your email tool, you can easily set up an automated email response that goes out to new leads straight after they contact you. This email should confirm you received their enquiry and set their expectations around when you will follow up with them.
- Create an email course to capture leads – According to research, 96% of visitors to your website are qualified but aren’t yet ready to buy. By integrating your website forms with your email tool, you can create and present these visitors an email course that captures their information and automatically follows up with relevant, informative content that educates them on your market and the benefits of your product and encourages them to purchase.
- Send new blog posts or content pieces to subscribers – If you use content marketing to attract and convert new customers, then email is one of the most critical methods of building your audience. In fact, email accounts for about 50% of traffic to every new post we publish on the Campaign Monitor blog. By integrating your blog with your email marketing tool, you can automatically add new subscribers to your chosen email list and setup automated RSS to email campaigns to send these subscribers an email whenever you publish a new post.
- Send email digests of new content in your community or forum – If you run some sort of community or forum as part of your website, then sending email digests with the latest activity and discussions is a brilliant way to keep people engaged with the community and encourage them to come back and actively contribute. By integrating your email tool and your community platform, you can make sure any new members are automatically added to your email list and are being kept informed of the latest content and discussions happening in the community.
Through various tools and extensions, email marketing tools like Campaign Monitor can integrate with the following accounting tools:
- Gravity Forms
- and more
Accounting & billing tools
For a lot of business, their accounting tool is a central point of truth for customer data.
These tools contain all of your customer’s contact information as well as details on what items they’ve purchased, how frequently and how much they’ve spent with you.
All of this information is really valuable to have in your email marketing tool, and by setting up a few custom fields and an integration between your accounting software and email tool, you can have the information flowing in on a regular basis.
This would allow you to do things like:
- Segment your lists by demographic information – Demographic information, like your customers location, is a common data point kept in accounting tools and can be useful in segmenting your lists and sending more targeted campaigns. By integrating your accounting software with your email marketing tool, this information is available to send your customer base offers and promotions that drive them to your nearest store or business location.
- Segment your list by purchase information – Your accounting program has a wealth of information about customer purchases, and can tell you exactly what a customer has bought, when and for how much. This information is incredibly valuable in your email marketing platform and by integrating the two tools you can send special offers & rewards to your most valuable customers or discounts and promotions to your lower value customers to drive more revenue.
- Automatically send subscription reminder emails – If your business runs on a subscription model, then renewals are critical to growing your revenue. By integrating your email marketing tool with your accounting software, you can use a customer’s email address and first payment date to set up a series of automated email campaigns that go out in the lead up to their renewal date encouraging them to renew their subscription and continue contributing revenue to your business.
Through various tools and extensions, email marketing tools like Campaign Monitor can integrate with the following accounting tools:
- and more
Tools for integration
There are a number of tools available that can help you integrate your business applications with your email marketing tool.
Campaign Monitor customers enjoy integrations with hundreds of accounting, eCommerce and CRM applications through one of two primary methods:
Dedicated Integrations Tools
There are a number of third party tools that help integrate your various business apps together.
These tools can integrate multiple applications in one platform and push and pull data between them. They include, but are not limited to:
- Zapier – Zapier is an integrations platform that allows you to set up integrations between Campaign Monitor and hundreds of other apps. Zapier is really easy to setup, and works on a simple trigger and action system where when a trigger happens in one tool (I.e. New customer in Quickbooks) an action happens in another (I.e. Add new subscriber to Campaign Monitor). Zapier is free up to a certain number of Zaps, and they have paid plans for those who use it more.
1 to 1 Integrations
1 to 1 integrations are direct integrations between Campaign Monitor and a single tool, such as Shopify or Salesforce.
Generally speaking, these dedicated tools offer a deeper integration between the two platforms and can synchronise more comprehensive data or even bringCampaign Monitor functionality into other applications.
Some of the applications that integrate directly with Campaign Monitor include:
- Salesforce – Salesforce is a popular CRM tool designed for sales professionals. Campaign Monitor integrates extensively with Salesforce through a 3rd party plugin developed by our friends at Beaufort12. From within Salesforce, you can see what lists a certain contact is in, add or remove them from lists, see what emails they’ve opened and clicked and even create rules that automatically add people to lists based on their activity (like when they become a lead, or when their opportunity stage changes). This plugin is very popular amongst our user base and is well supported by Beaufort12. It’s free for up to 500 contacts and paid plans start at $8 per month.
- Shopify – Shopify is an incredibly popular eCommerce platform that allows business owners to easily setup an online store. Shopify integrates directly with Campaign Monitor through a 3rd party plugin developed by our friends at Lucid Design. The basic version is free and allows you to automatically add a new customer’s name and email address to your list. The paid version is way more awesome though, and will automatically transfer details like city, country, last order date, last order value, total orders, total spent and more. This empowers you to get creative with your email marketing, and you can send special offers to frequent shoppers, send discounts or rewards to big spenders, or even set up automated email campaigns to go out post-purchase to ask people to leave a review.
- WordPress – WordPress is the most popular website content management system in the world, and powers more than 23.5% of sites on the web. Your WordPress-based website can be integrated with Campaign Monitor using a variety of different tools that each approach the integration in a different way. Tools like Pippity, Sleeknote and SumoMe are great for creating popups to capture people’s email addresses, while plugins like Gravity Forms and Leadin allow you to create contact forms on your site that automatically send new submissions to your chosen lists in Campaign Monitor.
By integrating your business apps with your email marketing tool, you open up a new realm of possibilities in terms of the automated and manual camapigns you can start sending your prospects, leads & customers. All of which can help you increase revenue by attracting new customers or increasing sales from your existing customer base.
So use the ideas and tools mentioned in this post to set up an integration today. You’ll thank us for it when your life is easier and your revenue is higher.
Your turn: What integrations have you set up that have helped grow your business? We’d love to hear your story in the comments below!
Want to improve your email marketing?
Join over 20,000 other marketers & designers who get tips on improving their email marketing delivered directly to their inbox.