As a marketer, it’s wise to think of yourself as a forever student. Marketing tactics change regularly, so part of the job means continuously honing your craft. This is why attending marketing conferences is a must for any serious marketer or marketing team.
Earlier this year, we shared a few of the top marketing conferences taking place in 2019, and, as the summer months wrap up, that means the Content Marketing World 2019 conference is just around the corner.
The benefits of attending marketing conferences
Attending a marketing conference has numerous benefits, including networking and having fun with like-minded individuals as well as learning education tips and best industry practices. It’s not only beneficial for those simply attending; it’s beneficial for those invited to speak and share their stories as well.
Read on to discover some of the benefits of attending a marketing conference, from both an attendee and speaker’s point of view.
A significant part of any conference is gaining inspiration. Marketing is an art, and inspiration can fall short or become stale quickly. Listening to industry experts speak their piece and hearing their stories of growth helps to inspire those who are in search of something new.
Attending a marketing conference can be intimidating, especially if you’re attending alone. And, if you’re scheduled to speak at the conference, stage fright can be a serious issue. Whether you’re attending or speaking at a conference, it can be a massive step forward in building up your confidence.
Build new relationships
Networking is another significant part of taking part in conference activities. Whether you’re building new friendships or getting to know your coworkers on a more personal level, these conferences can help you build new relationships with like-minded individuals.
Even if you’re attending the event alone, you have ample opportunities to network and get to know the people around you. The more you move out of your comfort zone, the easier it gets.
And be sure to have your business cards ready and, when you come across someone that could be a potential business connection, open up that door and see what potential is there.
Whether you’re speaking at the event or simply there to learn and network, marketing conferences are a great way to build brand awareness.
Brand exposure is everything, especially for those who are still building their brand’s reputation.
Although you want to learn from others there, the focus of these conferences isn’t on any specific brand, so feel free to get your brand name out there and make connections with others that can help boost your overall exposure in the long run.
Source: Content Marketing World
What is Content Marketing World?
Content Marketing World 2019 (CMWorld 2019) is an event that gives attendees the chance to meet with and learn from some of the best content marketers in the industry.
The Content Marketing Institute is holding the event, and the company states that their goal for the function it so “inspire” marketers to create their own “epic content marketing,” and allow attendees to network with some of the best in the business.
The event is scheduled to take place at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland in Cleveland, Ohio from September 3-6, 2019.
What to expect
Currently, attendance is expected to reach well over 4000 individuals with over 550 companies represented across all industries. Major brands that’ll be attending Content Marketing World 2019 include:
- Trip Advisor
- Marriott and more
There are over 120 different sessions and workshops currently lined up that’ll be led by top brand marketers and industry experts from around the world. These experts will be covering a wide range of topics, such as:
- Demand Generation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Marketing Writing
- SEO and more
Keynote and featured speakers
While networking is one of the aspects of these conferences that marketers look forward to, it’s the keynote and featured speakers that make it all worthwhile. This year’s keynote speakers include:
- Mindy Kaling – Writer, Producer, Author, Director, and Actor
- Nilla Ali – Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, BuzzFeed
- Henry Rollins – Actor, Writer, and Musician
- Kathy Button Bell – Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Emerson
- Tamsen Webster – CEO, Find the Red Thread
- Joe Pulizzi – Founder Emeritus, Content Marketing Institute, and Co-Author, “Killing Marketing”
- Robert Rose – Chief Strategy Advisor, Content Marketing Institute, and Co-Author, “Killing Marketing”
- Scott Stratten – President, UnMarketing
While this year’s Keynote speaker lineup is full of potential, there are plenty of other featured speakers lined up to talk shop at this year’s Content Marketing World.
- Maliha Aqeel – Assistant Director, Brand, Marketing and Communication, Ernst & Young
- Jay Baer – President, Convince & Convert
- Amanda Changuris – Manager, Social Media Marketing, AAA- The Auto Club Group
- Dipanjan Chatterjee – Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester
- Courtney Cox – Manager, Digital Marketing, Children’s Health
- Sydni Craig-Hart – CEO, Smart Simple Marketing
- Allen Gannett – Chief Strategy Officer, Skyword
- Annie Granastein – Head of WP BrandStudio, Washington Post
- Ann Handley – Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs
- Todd Henry – Author, The Accidental Creative
- Shafqat Islam – Co-Found and CEO, NewsCred
- Nicole Jolly – Creator and Host, True Food TV
- Robbee Minicola – Senior Director, Microsoft
- Mike Morrissey – Sr. Manager, Digital Communications, Kellogg Company
- Venetta Linas Paris – Senior Manager, Global Content Marketing, Aon
This is only a handful of the speakers lined up to share their expertise with conference-goers. Overall, there are currently 225 speakers lined up.
More fun to be had
The Content Marketing Institute has also planned a variety of fun activities and plenty of opportunities for networking. Some featured events include:
- Meet and Greet with the Content Marketing Institute Team – Monday
- The official CMWorld 2019 Kickoff Party – Tuesday
- Fun Runs/Walks – One on Wednesday and one Thursday
- Yoga Events – One on Wednesday and one Thursday
- A Punch Bowl Social – Thursday
While the 2018 Super Early Bird and Early Bird registration periods and specials have closed, regular registration is still open. If you’re interested in registering for Content Marketing World 2019 prior to arrival, then you have until September 2019 to do so. On-site registration will then take place during the event dates.
The benefits of attending marketing conferences include:
- Confidence building
- Learning and more
The Content Marketing World 2019 conference promises to be an event worth attending. With over 200 speakers ready to share their knowledge and plenty of opportunities to network with one another, this is a must-attend event, and there’s still plenty of time to register.
Do you or your marketing team want to stay up to date on the many marketing events to come? Be sure to subscribe to the Campaign Monitor Marketing Events newsletter.