Since we added the ability to manage your clients via the API back in February, we’ve seen a huge stack of customers creating clever, automated ways to manage their clients. One of the most popular uses was to automate the process of letting new clients sign up to your rebranded version of Campaign Monitor. This included a simple sign up form on your site, creating the client, setting their billing options and the features they can access.
The only thing missing from this process was the ability to load templates in that client’s account. Today I’m happy to announce the final piece of the puzzle has been added with the following new methods now available in our API:
* Template.Create – Add a new template for any client.
* Template.Delete – Delete an existing template for any client.
* Template.GetDetail – Get the full details of a template, including a preview and screenshot URL
* Template.Update – Make any changes to an existing template.
* Client.GetTemplates – Gets a list of all currently installed templates for a client.
To make it as easy possible to get started with these new methods, we’ve also updated the PHP API kit and .NET API kits to support all of these new methods right out of the box. A big shout out to new Campaign Monitor developer James Dennes, who was responsible for these handy new methods from start to finish.