Recently we launched the All-New Campaign Monitor because we saw a revolution in email marketing taking place right before our eyes. In an environment where you have less than 8 seconds to capture a subscriber’s attention and keep it, it’s becoming increasingly harder and harder to engage. But serving up relevant, personalized content when and how a subscriber wants it can dramatically impact your ability to engage in a meaningful way. In fact, emails with personalized subject lines see a 26% higher open rate than generic emails.
With the All-New Campaign Monitor, we’ve made personalization even easier, so you can deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right time with dynamic interactive content. You can personalize almost every aspect of your campaigns right inside our drag and drop builder–including content, images, interactive content, and surveys–with just a few clicks. Select any content section of your email and Campaign Monitor will prompt you with a “Who should see this?” note that guides you through the experience of personalizing that section.
We hope you like what you’ve seen in the All-New Campaign Monitor. If you haven’t had a chance to see the new features in action, log in and see what they can do. If you’re not a Campaign Monitor customer, you can create a free account in a snap.
How to personalize your emails
There are lots of ways to segment your customers and send targeted content based on location, demographics, VIP status, or other custom data you collect. Let’s take a quick look at how to send a targeted email campaign with female or male-specific content to different groups of subscribers. In the past, you may have created two separate emails, one for women and one for men. Now you don’t have to.
1. Log into your Campaign Monitor account and select “Create a new campaign,” as opposed to copying a previous email. Then choose from our growing library of Featured templates under Create New.
3. Select that section of the email. Under “Who should see this?” in the left sidebar, you’ll see your subscriber lists and segments. Select the segment or segments that you’d like to receive that content.
4. Add the campaign content you’d like to share with male subscribers.
5. Repeat Step 3: select that section of the email. Under “Who should see this?” in the left sidebar, you’ll see your subscriber lists and segments. Select the segment or segments that you’d like to receive that content.
6. Preview on desktop and mobile. You’re all done! Creating a beautiful email with personalized content for different customer segments is that easy.
Learn more about personalizing your email campaigns and using dynamic content in our latest free guide: Personalize your email campaigns.