What’s been happening behind the scenes

By David Greiner on 26th June 2007

We've been hard at work on a slew of improvements and bug fixes behind the scene the last few weeks, and I figured it would be worth posting a quick summary of these as there are a number of you guys that have been waiting on them patiently.

Internationalization

We've made some further tweaks to handle encoding for non English character campaigns. We now automatically encode the To name for each recipient when it contains non-standard characters. We've also added some smarts to how we encode your subject lines depending on the types of characters used. Thanks to many of our non English speaking customers for helping us get this spot on.

Segments

As well as launching segments functionality in MailBuild, we've also squashed a few annoying bugs in Campaign Monitor. This update brings some big improvements to the does not equal and greater than and less than rules, especially when working with numbers.

Help and API

As we keep adding new functionality, the variety of shortcut tags available (such as forward to a friend, unsubscribe, web versions, etc) can get harder to remember. We've just added a topic to the site and app help database that brings them all together in one place.

For those clever customers using the API to capture new subscribers, we've also made some tweaks so that all confirmation and verification emails sent to new subscribers support the [unsubscribe] tag allowing subscribers to instantly opt-out if they no longer wish to subscribe.

Sign up for free.
Then send campaigns for as little as $9/month

Create an account