Thousands of amazing companies of all shapes and sizes rely on Emma to manage their email marketing, but there are many more customers we haven't met yet. And as one of the brands within CM Group we’re part of the Martech industry’s largest family of email and multichannel marketing products.
Emma is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Deliver, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
At Emma you'll be joining a team of smart and passionate people to solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. We’re focused on building an approachable, easy to use but powerful email marketing platform that gives our customers the support and confidence to do their best work, and at the heart of this is great product design.
At Emma, design comes first. We pour our heart and soul into the way our product looks, feels and works - and it’s fair to say that we really do sweat the details. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who shares our vision for designing beautiful software that thousands of people love to use. We’re looking for someone with a strong understanding of user experience design, who knows how to apply that to directly drive product growth. We’re hoping that might be you. We’re a relatively small team with a big vision for where we want to take our product and our team.
You'll help to lead teams of product people and engineers to craft experiences that lead to customer success and delight. You’ll need to build and rely on a deep understanding of customer needs. You'll also need a bit of a mind for numbers, to craft product changes that really have an impact. You’ll move quickly, iterate rapidly, and expertly strike that important balance between art and data-informed decision making.
What We're Looking For:
- You're a strong all rounder. From discovery and visioning right through to working with engineering to get the product built and in the hands of our users. Design thinking is built into your DNA but you also know how to execute and get things done. As a senior you'll be thinking about some of our trickiest challenges and constantly driving to improve the way we do things and improve our processes.
- You get excited to work with some of the best companies on the planet, on a product that they love using. We’re building software that real companies are using and we need you to contribute to our evolution. You must be excited about your role! Anybody can build something that’s “good”, but true passion breeds “incredible.”
- You focus on outcomes and delivering value for both our users and our business. You have skill but also passion in crafting experiences and user interfaces, and you know how to iterate quickly on concepts. You think in terms of “hours and days,” not “weeks and months.” Bonus if you have familiarity and experience with many of the techniques for rapid and collaborative design associated with Lean UX.
- A systemic design approach empowers our design team and beyond to achieve consistency, yet still provides flexibility, and ultimately efficiency. You'll be helping to evolve our design system, so experience in developing the foundations, patterns and governing rules of a design system are essential.
- Collaboration is key. You'll have experience in partnering with product managers and engineers to achieve alignment and focus. Your approach is inclusive and you work to continuously take your teams along on the journey with you.
- You should be comfortable with an evidence-based approach to product design. You’ll need to be experienced in qualitative and quantitative research methods, and know how to apply them in a Design Thinking-like process.
- This goes without saying, but you must be able to clearly communicate your ideas and designs with the team. You’ll frequently get feedback directly from our customers. For that reason alone, you must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Curiosity, creativity, and ambition. Expensive diploma or not, true talent isn’t always something that can be taught in school. Ideally you would have done similar work formally or informally; but maybe you’re gifted, self-taught or have been consulting for years. If you think you have what it takes let us know.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits (among others)
- 401k with 6% company matching
- Flexible work hours
- Open Time Away
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community