Company: CM Group
Job Title: Sr. Director/VP of Global Enablement
Location: New York, NY or Nashville, TN
The Role: Leading a team of Global Enablement Professionals the Sr. Director/VP of Global Enablement is responsible for the strategy, development and execution across several critical areas including; Internal teams like Sales and Customer Success (CS) as well as CM Group customer training & development, communications, processes and programs. The role reports to the Chief People Officer,
The primary focus for the role is to ensure that the overall commercial team is equipped with the messaging, content, resources, tools and skills necessary to effectively differentiate and sell, upsell and provide strategic oversight of the CM Group product and services.
The Sr. Director/VP of Global Enablement is a collaborative change leader who has experience defining and running sales enablement programs. Is responsible for defining and leading the internal and customer facing training and enablement programs and platforms needed to accelerate the onboarding process and to continually sharpen the knowledge and skills of the entire commercial team.
Enablement Team Goal: To ensure our teams are onboarded, ramped, and continuously educated, evaluated, informed and equipped with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors they need to be empowered to sell the strategic value of CM Group to our prospects in the framework of the Challenger Method.
To ensure our Customer Success team is onboarded, ramped, and continuously educated, evaluated, informed and empowered to be strategic partners for our customers to ensure they are getting the most out of the CM Group products and services - With a focus on moving all customers to become fully implemented with all CM Group offerings.
We do this through the combination of educating on skills, knowledge, products and processes to do the best job possible.
- Lead the Global Enablement Team to include, selection, training and development, coaching, and performance management
- Work cross-functionally to plan, organize, design, develop, communicate and implement training and enablement programs that ensure clarity of message, define action items and define expected KPIs
- Partner with cross-functional leadership at all levels to align on strategy, goals, and objectives to drive consistency and accuracy in the sales planning , forecasting and reporting process.
- Partner with commercial team management to identify core knowledge and skills gaps across the company, conduct regular needs assessments, and roll-out appropriate targeted programming
- Facilitate the design and development of new training and enablement programs (i.e. badging and onboarding), training tools and learning systems
- Create, manage, and drive the logistics and operational needs of all enablement activity across all internal and customer engagement channels
- Design, create and implement a comprehensive product, sales and customer success enablement program (to include tools online resources, processes, programs, and badges)
- Lead the expansion and evolution of the Sales and Customer Success Onboarding Programs reducing time to revenue by improving our new hire onboarding, ongoing training and development
- Collaborate with leadership and SMEs to ensure that learning paths are clearly defined, effective, and up to date
- Define, manage, and execute learning strategies for the Sales and CS organizations including ongoing formal training roadmaps and skills workshops
- Develop and launch a formal Sales and Customer Success communication strategy to drive awareness and consumption of important to know information across the commercial teams
- Deploy enablement and productivity strategies and programs that can contribute to the acceleration of key metrics, like win rate, and time to close
- Capture new best practices and maintain the CM Group LMS (Mindtickle) with the latest Sales and Customer Success enablement materials, training resources, and product details
- Collaborate with colleagues in Sales Leadership, Marketing, Customer Success, Executive Team, and Sales Operations to continually improve the sales team knowledge and effectiveness with sales methodology and selling skills, lead development, communication tools and templates, and usage of key systems
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success Leadership to identify knowledge gaps across the company in order to update the LMS (Mindtickle) and CMS (the CM Group Learning Library) and to roll out new training programs
- Work with leadership to design, implement and refine metrics to ensure consistent evaluation and measurement of enablement programs
- Leverage Product Management and Product Marketing for the development of Sales and CS content
- Manage the assessment of training effectiveness and take corrective actions to continually improve the quality of training delivered. Identify and deliver training programs addressing the broader needs of the organizations; with appropriate measures of impact
- Project management skills essential
- Strategic thinker and tactical developer
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated success at delivering training
- Demonstrated ability to operate in the grey, and the agility to flex
- Strong prioritization ability and productively pushing back when needed
- Curriculum planning skills
- Relationship building critical
- Email/digital marketing knowledge a plus
- Basic Salesforce knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- At least 10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience successfully creating and delivering sales programs with measurable results in a fast-paced, performance-driven sales environment
- Experience and skill with delivering complex concepts in a simplified way
- Experience creating content and presenting in both a 1:1 and group settings
- Must possess a wide degree of creativity and analytical skills
- Strong background in conducting sales methodology, competitive positioning, and negotiation training
- Experience explaining and implementing sales methodologies
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, teaching, and facilitating skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills required
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, motivational and energetic in training approach and style
- Ability to role play a variety of situations
- Sense of humor
About CM Group
Created to offer solutions that meet the needs of every marketer, CM Group’s suite of SaaS products are relied upon by over 250,000 businesses around the world, and we have over 650 employees who are passionate about helping our customers grow. We recognize the diverse and unique business problems of email marketers today. Rather than delivering a “one size fits all” software product, we have brought together a family of brands to help marketers find the exact right solution to meet their business needs. Each of our brands is relentlessly focused on helping marketers grow their businesses, make lasting connections with their customers, and build valuable relationships. To learn more, visit www.cmgroup.com.