MongoDB Database Administrator
Sailthru is looking for a skilled MongoDB Database Administrator to join our team. As a part of the Database Engineering Team, the candidate is responsible for infrastructure engineering and administering MongoDB databases. The candidate provides counsel and advice to top management on significant Database Administration
- Analyzes, designs, creates and implements complex databases including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
- Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions and best practices.
- Designs complex data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas.
- Liaises with database and infrastructure vendors and external technical support on issues such as software upgrades, problems and potential solutions.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
- May participate in vendor selection and relationship management.
- Leads projects, monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Focuses on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines.
- Recognized internally as the go-to person for the most complex Database Administration assignments.
- Infrastructure engineering, design and deploy of Mongo DB database projects.
- Design and implement sharding and indexing strategies for MongoDB.
- Advise MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets and sharding
- Advise with MongoDB scaling
- Design, implement and manage the security of MongoDB databases.
- Responsible for Mongo backups and restores
- Implement and maintain MongoDB Cloud Manager and Cloud Backup
- Solve difficult technical challenges
- Administer MongoDB to achieve close to 100% availability
- Collaborate with other teams to solve technical issues
- Research, test, evaluate and recommend NoSQL solutions (existing and emerging) with match for best use cases.
- Maintain detailed documentation of database DesignArchitecture and setup.
- Provide training to members of the infrastructure teams on MongoDB.
- 10+ years overall technical experience
- 5 years of experience in MongoDB Database administration
- 5 years of experiences in Linux environment in a database administrator role
- 5 years of experience in shell scripting
- 3 years of experience in python coding
- Hands on experience with solving MongoDB performance issues
- Hands on experience with database monitoring (proactive and reactive)
- Hands on experience with building and maintaining MongoDB replica sets
- Hands on experience with building and maintaining MongoDB sharded environment
- Experience in automating database administration tasks.
- Experience in networking concepts, Linux, and general system administration skills.
- Author and execute ansible playbooks for infrastructure automation and configuration.
- AWS cloud based skill set including EC2, RDS, DocumentDB, and Terraform
Nice to haves
- Java coding
Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.