Sailthru is looking for a skilled MongoDB Database Administrator to join our team. As a part of the Database Engineering Team, you are responsible for database engineering and administering MongoDB databases. You provide hands on troubleshooting, support, maintenance, and design of Sailthru’s MongoDB infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, monitor, and ensure reliability of Sailthru’s MongoDB environment. Our environment is a large scale environment housing over 20TB of data across multiple sharded clusters.
- Work with current technology and architectures to support Sailthru’s business including MongoDB, AWS, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Troubleshoot production issues in real time as well as on an out of hours on call rotation. Typical issues include performance, data, or application related situations.
- Provide guidance and suggestions on database scalability, infrastructure design, data models, and best practices.
- Work hands on with day to day tasks as well as more extensive projects such as upgrades and migrations.
- Identify areas of inefficiency needing improvement. Refine those areas through process change, automation, or redesign.
- Work cross functionally with Operations, SRE, DevOps, and Software Development teams to manage the Mongo implementation as it relates to Sailthru’s objectives.
You are an experienced database administrator with previous success in large scale production environments. You understand what it means to support systems and products for external customers and have a customer focused attitude. You are a good communicator both verbally and in writing. You are a leader who has opinions and takes initiative. and are willing to step up to a challenge. You can mentor others, take ownership, and have proven ability to drive things to completion. You are flexible and can respond to changing needs of the company from both a technical and business perspective. You understand the role the technology you support plays in the larger picture of the organization’s success. If you are willing to step up to a challenge, we would to talk!
- Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years overall technical experience
- 5 years of experience in MongoDB Database administration
- 5 years of experiences in Linux environment in a database administrator role
- 5 years of experience in shell scripting
- 5 years of experience in Python coding
- Hands on experience with solving MongoDB performance issues
- Hands on experience with database monitoring (proactive and reactive)
- Hands on experience with building and maintaining MongoDB sharded environment
- Experience in automating database administration tasks.
- Experience in networking concepts, Linux, and general system administration skills.
- Author and execute Ansible playbooks for infrastructure automation and configuration.
- AWS cloud based skill set including EC2, RDS, DocumentDB, and Terraform
- Postgres experience a strong plus
- Java experience a strong plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 6% company matching
- Open Time Away
- Paid parental leave