Campaign Monitor is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to work within the Infrastructure Team based in Sydney. The team supports infrastructure and multiple terabyte sized Database Clusters capable of sending over 2 billion emails every month. Our ongoing focus is to deliver the best possible End User Experience and cater for the ever-increasing growth. You should have a reasonable understanding of the importance of development, administration, maintenance and monitoring of very large scale databases in terms of efficiency and security.
You’ll be a part of the Infrastructure team that empowers Campaign Monitor to send over 2 billion emails per month. You will be a critical team member as you collaborate with teams such as Management, Architects, and Tech Leads in impacting the technical direction of Campaign Monitor. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are excited to continuously build your database technology skills and motivated to take on new challenges!
At Campaign Monitor, you'll be joining a team of smart and passionate people and will help solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. While we continue to add more features and refine the experience, our goal hasn’t changed since day one - to make it easy for anyone to send beautiful emails to their audience.
Campaign Monitor is part of CM Group providing SaaS products that are relied upon by over 250,000 businesses around the world, and we have over 700+ employees who are passionate about helping our customers grow. We recognize the diverse and unique business problems of email marketers today. Rather than delivering a “one size fits all” software product, we have brought together a family of brands to help marketers find the right solution to meet their business needs. Each of our brands are relentlessly focused on helping marketers grow their businesses, make lasting connections with their customers, and build valuable relationships.
We’re re-inventing our software and product teams in exciting ways, and looking for experience, driven & passionate people to join us on the ride.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop, improve and build upon existing database services and platforms, continually expanding our ability to gain insight into the current state of our applications and infrastructure.
- Manage and monitor High Availability and Disaster Recovery of clusters of multi terabyte databases.
- Work closely with the Site Reliability, Business Analysts and Engineering/Development Teams, assisting with expertise and guidance in database modifications and change management, including builds, tests and roll outs.
- In-depth Performance monitoring, optimisation and tuning of 24/7, zero downtime systems.
- Think outside the box when it comes to data and database analysis, design, development and maintenance due to the large scale.
- Monitor, maintain and improve database system health, availability, access, security, backups, restores, upgrades and migration processes.
- Monitor, maintain and improve database services that support OLAP and Business reporting processes.
- Monitor, analyse and troubleshoot application system performance from a database perspective and provide solutions to various problems that arise.
- Document and communicate processes and procedures, monitor and track changes to facilitate improvement visibility.
- Effectively communicate to various non-technical and technical teams on database services.
- Database system cost analysis, feasibility and capacity planning
- Participate in various project work, application system improvement and technical change reviews
- Participate in an on-call roster.
- Passionate about sharpening their technical skills and experience
- Customer-centric approach to solving problems.
- Takes pride and ownership of systems and processes under their care
- A proactive self starter who can work independently and also work well as part of a team
- Experience liaising with non-technical and technical teams, working towards a common goal
- Advanced knowledge of database structure, theory and its applications.
- Expert level System Administration knowledge and skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2014+
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Solid Experience in:
- Windows/SQL upgrades and patching,
- database changes including rollback strategies
- Managing, monitoring, configuring Clusters of Microsoft SQL Server (HADR/Availability Groups) of multiple instances and large size databases
- configuration, analyse, monitoring and validation of database performance metrics and the trends
- database disaster recovery, backup, restores, maintenance processes
- SQL development, T-sql scripting, analysis and code reviews and testing processes
- Query Tuning with performance and scalability in mind
- Reviewing, analysing, planning and implementing
- Analysing, troubleshooting database related issues, providing sound solutions
- Implementing and improving change management processes
- Powershell and CLI scripting for non-interactive, automated processing
- Prioritising activities and cost/benefit analysis
- Tracking and reporting statuses on project related work
- Learning new methods, tools and technologies
- Analysing and troubleshooting application system issues and changes
- Data warehouse, BI and ETL processes
- NoSQL technologies (eg Couchbase, DynamoDB, Cassandra preferred)
- 5+ years professional relevant experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Business Analytics Tools (eg Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Looker preferred)
- Experience with AWS RDS technologies (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, AuroraDB, MySQL)
- Linux OS, shell scripting