Campaign Monitor is looking for a leader with a background in infrastructure to oversee the Infrastructure team. We send over 2 billion emails every month and our infrastructure needs to be built for scale so we can deliver the best possible user experience and cater for the ever-increasing growth. This hands-on role is suited for someone who is looking for a challenge, working with the latest technology in an environment that is at the forefront of technology.
What does the Infrastructure Team at Campaign Monitor do?
- Manage the global infrastructure that empowers Campaign Monitor to send over 2 billion emails per month.
- Work closely with the Site Reliability Team, assisting with operational expertise and guidance.
- Develop new, and build upon existing, platforms that improve our ability to gain insight into the current state of our applications and infrastructure.
- Take part in in-depth technical discussion that drives the technical direction Campaign Monitor is heading.
- Think outside the box when it comes to design and administration.
- Work with bleeding edge technology.
- Automation is our friend. No snowflake systems.
- Work with development teams to build, test and roll out systems.
- Participate on an on-call roster.
What does a strong candidate look like?
- Ability to lead a team, both in a technical and team growth aspect.
- Experience in hiring and managing a team.
- Ability to manage existing vendor contracts and engage new vendors when required.
- Experience liaising with internal teams, working towards a common goal.
- Can budget for future expansion and growth.
- Expert level knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Experience in scripting (Shell, Bash, PowerShell etc).
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc).
- Experience with a public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure etc).
- A passion for open source technologies.
- Customer-centric approach to solving problems.
- Participate in an on-call roster.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with BGP.
- Experience with deploying and managing web applications, including a deep understanding of HTTP.
- Programming skills (Python, Golang, .Net, Perl etc).
- Experience with physical data center infrastructure.
- Understanding of container technologies including orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm etc).
- Knowledge of hypervisor platforms (KVM, Hyper-V, VMWare etc).
- Experience with version control and other tools that compliment application development.
- Open source load balancing technologies (nginx, haproxy etc).
Who are we?
Today more than 150,000 companies (BuzzFeed, Sephora, Birchbox, Disney, Rip Curl and Adidas to name a few!) rely on Campaign Monitor to manage their email marketing, but there are many more customers we haven't met yet!
At Campaign Monitor, you'll be joining a team of smart and passionate people and will help solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. While we continue to add more features and refine the experience, our goal hasn’t changed since day one - to make it easy for anyone to send beautiful emails to their audience.
Campaign Monitor was recently recognized by:
- Entrepreneur Magazine for having a top 10 best company culture in San Francisco
- Business Weekly Review as one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in Australia