About the Role
As a Quality Coach, you will be responsible for guiding, encouraging and assessing the strength of quality across the development teams. Helping the teams to deliver high quality code at high velocity. Your primary focus won’t be in doing the testing yourself, rather, as with a sports coach, to encourage and train the members of the teams to do their own testing, helping them to identify weak spots and risks, and constantly improve. However, there will definitely be times where you need to get your hands dirty as well and jump in to help boost the testing efforts. You will be continuously looking at new tools and techniques for the teams to try that will help boost how and when they test, and will get alongside the teams as needed to help establish these tools and techniques.
You will be working with the Quality Practice Lead to help set the strategy for quality within Campaign Monitor. You will then work within that strategy to set a strategy specific for the teams you interact with. Metrics and Visualisations of Quality are key to understanding where the risks are and tracking the impact of change, so you will also be involved in creating and maintaining these markers.
- Self-starter who is passionate about continuous improvement
- Loves teaching others and being teachable
- Experience working within an agile, cross functional team
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Experience working with a web-based product
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software testing
- Alignment with the Context-Driven Testing mindset
- Experience with testing REST API methods
- Experience with writing and maintaining a Selenium-based automation suite
- Experience with performance testing tools, when and how to use them (client-side and server-side)
- Experience in a coaching role
- Experience with Exploratory Testing
- Maintain a personal testing blog
- Involved in testing community
- Have spoken at a testing-related conference or meetup
- Familiarity with the tools, languages and techniques listed below
Tools, Languages and Technologies you’ll be working with
- SQL Server
Benefits of working at Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is passionate about providing a great environment for their employees to thrive. We strongly believe that our employees are our number one focus, and every success we have had is because of them, therefore we look after our staff in many ways, including:
- In-house chefs preparing Breakfast and Lunch daily, as well as regular supplies of snacks
- Coffee Machine and fully stocked drinks fridge
- Flexible working hours
- 4 paid days/year to volunteer at charities of your choice via our Giving Back program
- Day off for your birthday
- Standing desks, and all the latest equipment and software you need
- A commitment to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Panoramic views of Sydney
Who are we?
Today more than 150,000 companies (Buzzfeed, Sephora, Birchbox, Disney, Rip Curl and Adidas to name a few!) rely on Campaign Monitor to manage their email marketing, but there are many more customers we haven't met yet! We recently raise $250 million for Series A funding and we’re growing our San Francisco, London and Australia teams!
At Campaign Monitor, you'll be joining a team of smart and passionate people and will help solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. While we continue to add more features and refine the experience, our goal hasn’t changed since day one - to make it easy for anyone to send beautiful emails to their audience.
Campaign Monitor was recently recognized by:
Entrepreneur Magazine for having a top 10 best company culture in San Francisco
Business Weekly Review as one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in Australia