Lead Engineer (Profile Team), Sailthru NZ
Sailthru is the largest sender of personalised email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalised email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers every year.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, Selligent and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from New York City to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our Profile team, working hands-on and leading and managing a team of engineers as they work on our profile reporting and management functionality. We’re looking for someone that not only has a strong technical background, but has strong opinions on how to build great-looking, easy to use products. You’ll also be a key member of our technology leadership team, helping to improve the culture of the engineering team overall.
What You'll Do
- You will be part of the technology leadership team, helping to shape company policy, best practices, and set precedents for a 50 person engineering organisation.
- You’ll work across frontend and backend tech stacks on an Agile, product-aligned Sprint team to design, build, and maintain our email platform. You’ll partner with our product management and UX teams to build a powerful, yet easy to use platform for email marketers.
- You’ll own the technology strategy and long term technical roadmap for your part of the platform, working with product to find the right balance of features and tech debt.
- You’ll be responsible for the long-term career growth and day-to-day feedback of your team members. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that your team processes are efficient and add value, and for creating a great engineering culture.
- Use a variety of technologies including Kafka, Kubernetes, Spark, Mongo, Elasticsearch, and more to accomplish your goals. Draw upon your previous experience to help us make the right technology decisions.
- Contribute to education, documentation and support for the broader Sailthru organisation, including interfacing with our Support and Customer Success teams. Use your expertise and experience to help make technical improvements and to establish best practices across the engineering organisation.
- You’re someone who loves technology and cares deeply about the products you build and the customers who use them.
- You have experience leading a team of engineers, providing your team members with day-to-day feedback, mentorship, and helping them with their career growth.
- You have 5+ years experience building quality, production-grade software through best practices, proven design patterns, and great teamwork.
- You have production experience with data and data analytics at the scale we operate at our larger (terabytes). Experience with Kafka, Spark, or other similar distributed computing technologies is a must.
- Experience with Java, Mongo, and Elasticsearch is a strong plus.