RSS to email question

A client wants to use the RSS to email feature. CM being fab made it way too easy to set up the campaign. It was awesome. There's just one slight problem...

The articles in the email that is pulled in from the feed (which is output by wordpress) are wayyyyyyyyyyy too long. (Said client likes to write. Lots).

Is there any way to make the articles shorter? I couldn't find a setting for this in Campaign Monitor. I assume it needs to be done on the RSS side? The client likes their blogs being super long (they have loads of photos in it... and content) on the actual blog so it would be nice if only the email truncated the articles with a click to read more.........

Thanks ever so much.
Kris2

Stig Stig, 1 year ago

Hi Kris2, that's awesome to hear!

The <rssbody /> tag does actually have a paragraphs attribute, which lets you specify the number of paragraphs to include in the email.

Hopefully this will work for what you're looking to do?

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Kris2 Kris2, 1 year ago

Thanks, that kind of helps.... but don't think that's something I can tweak with the template builder?

I have been in love with Campaign Monitor since 2012.
Kris2 Kris2, 1 year ago

oohhh... that blue thing is a link! Sorry!! just clicked on it and all is clear. Thank you. A million x over.

Kris2 Kris2, 1 year ago

Now I feel super silly. There's actually an option in "Content" when creating a template that lets you truncate the article.

If you don't mind, I'm off to try and find a new brain. Thanks for thinking of everything... !

Stig Stig, 1 year ago

No problem at all Kris2 – it can take a little while to find one's way around all these options, but I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out!

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Then send campaigns for as little as $9p/m

Create an account