EmailBG not allowing multiple page printing in Outlook

Currently, my boss has it as a requirement that all pieces can print from outlook.   The CEO has it as a requirement that no emails will have a background(image or color) bleed past our own messaging, thus when someone replies, they don't have to change their font color if we have a dark background. 

These two things are running into eachother in this instance.  I'm using emailBG, applying a background in a single tablecell which is the body of my message.  It runs into two pages, but my boss wants to be able to print both pages.    This is the code I got from emailbg, and as I said, I'm applying it to a td that's the full width and height of the piece.

<!--[if gte mso 9]>
      <v:rect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" fill="true" stroke="false" style="mso-width-percent:1000;">
        <v:fill type="tile" src="bg.jpg" color="#392413" />
        <v:textbox style="mso-fit-shape-to-text:true" inset="0,0,0,0">
      <![endif]-->

Redferret, 1 year ago

Hi BenData2gold,

I'm trying to understand what the issue is but i have a couple of questions,

If it stretches over 2 pages, and he wants to print both then what's the problem?

what do you mean when you say "bleed past our own messaging?" are you adding text somewhere to the email?

What specific problem is the EmailBG code giving you?

Gmail app apologist
BenData2gold, 1 year ago

Ok.  Let me explain a bit more.  The problem is the emailbg code simply does not allow outlook 07,10,13 to print multiple pages.  It only prints the first page. 

And by 'bleed past our own messaging', what I mean is, using older body background="" code, that background in outlook will be the permanent background of that email message, meaning if the background image is dark and someone hits reply, they will have to change their font color.  Using emailbg applied to a table cell, we can circumvent this, effectively containing the background image only in our own messaging.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 1 year ago

Hi there Ben, the emailbg code is fairly experimental, so we're still really coming to grips with  using it in email designs, let alone getting it to print nicely on paper. In this case, it's likely that a page break introduced by Outlook for the purposes of printing is causing the emailbg background to get "cut off".

Mind me asking, but is it necessary to have the background display in either the print version, or in Outlook in general? Many print settings ignore backgrounds anyway, so likely best that you avoid adding anything that's important to your message or branding there.

The other thing you can try is nesting your content in two separate tables, each roughly the height of each page. The emailbg code can then be added accordingly. Hopefully this will eliminate the page break issue and allow you to use the emailbg code. I suggest this at the risk of making things even more complex, but if you're in a real jam on delivering background images, it may be worth a try. Let us know how you go :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
hendricks, 11 months ago

There was a question. If it stretch over 2 pages, and he wants to print both then what's the problem? Actually, I suggest you to go http://www.digiteksf.com/ and you will find a solution. It's actually a firm which printer offering a wide array of printing and direct marketing solution. By going there, I think you can find your solution

BenjaminGraphics83 BenjaminGraphics83, 11 months ago

Uh, thanks?

Actuall, ignore this old question of mine.  I no longer need to worry about superiors that want to print emails.

Then send campaigns for as little as $9p/m

Create an account