Subscriber.GetSubscriber in the works?

I'm looking for a way to get subscriber info out of the API for a single subscriber. Something like a Subscriber.GetSubscriber function that would just return the subscriber info including custom fields and current subscribe state for that one subscriber.

Specifically, I'm trying to figure out a way to determine whether to call .AddWithCustomFields or .AddAndResubscribeWithCustomFields. I realize that if a subscriber exists and I call .AddWithCustomFields it will just update that record (which is great), but it doesn't seem to do that if the subscriber has unsubscribed previously and I can't see of any way to tell that via the API. Is there some function that will tell me if a Subscriber exists in the CM database under any state (Active, Unsubscribed, Deleted, etc.)?

Jason Jason, 9 years ago

Hi there,

I can let you in on a secret. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be working on some improvements on the API, mainly to documentation, but also on some new features. One of these is a GetSubscriber function, which returns all of the detail for a particular subscriber in a given list, including active/inactive state.

So you will be able to do what you are after shortly. Keep an eye on the blog for the announcement on when these changes are complete.

aognenoff, 9 years ago

Awesome!  I figured you guys must be up to something like that. It'll make the API so much more powerful. Thanks!

emnm, 9 years ago

Hi Jason,

Someone else really interested in this feature.  Hope it's going ok!

zkapron, 9 years ago

Hi campaignmonitor team,

How is this feature coming along?  If it's not ready, is there another API that can be used to pull the custom user fields out of the database?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098