Subscription form submission via AJAX

Hi there,

I want to create a subscribe form that uploads the usual details but instead of diverting to a new page, it simply updates without reloading. Something like the registration for this forum (where you get the spinner) but instead it just returns some info and jQuery can hide the form and show a "Congrats" message.

Any ideas of who has done this before or some code I can grok?

stinhambo, 8 years ago

No suggestions for this? I would rather just update a DIV rather than get diverted to a whole new screen.

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hi stinhambo, you'll be pleased to know we're posting a guide on how to do this some time in the next week or so. Keep an eye out on the blog for the full article.

stinhambo, 8 years ago

Wow what super timing! I think I'll RSS your blog. I'm surprised I haven't already!

stinhambo, 8 years ago

I assume you have to do some recoding to the back end for this to happen?

Waiting with baited breath!

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Apologies for the delay, a clever customer of ours is working on the article, so it should come together soon but I can't make any promises on exactly when it will arrive.

stinhambo, 8 years ago

I'll be patient don't worry!

I wonder if your clever customer has any experience with ExpressionEngine?...

lumpysimon, 8 years ago

i'm also very intersted in a nifty ajax form submission (not quite having all the javascript skills to do it myself), so i was wondering if there's any update on this?

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Sorry guys, there has been a delay in getting this done with the author, but we're still onto it.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
cdmcmail cdmcmail, 7 years ago

Any luck with the Ajax submission form article yet?

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Apologies for the delay on this, the original customer who was keen to write it up got too busy and hasn't had a chance to get back to this. We'll look into a few other options real soon and try and get this added to the site.

Wayde Christie Wayde Christie, 7 years ago

Hey guys,

Leevi is working on a solution for this now. Pretty sure he'll share the love when he's done.

Wayde Christie | Creative Director
Newism Pty. Ltd.
Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Awesome to hear, thanks Wayde. For anyone not familiar with Newism, they are the CSS and XHTML gurus who built the new site, so you know it's going to be useful. In fact, Wayde even designed this very forum.

Looking forward to seeing what Leevi comes up with.

precious precious, 7 years ago

Any news regarding this? :-)
leevigraham leevigraham, 7 years ago

I'll be writing an article about implementing ajax form submission as part of our "Building Campaign Monitor" blog series.

Although the method will likely be tied to ExpressionEngine and jQuery I'll add a couple of tips for making the script more generic as well.

Leevi Graham | Technical Director
Newism Pty. Ltd.
andyisnowskynet, 7 years ago

Was this article ever written?
This would help me greatly.

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

At this stage, we don't have the article. We did have an outside author working on this, but it was not able to be completed.

Leevi from Newism (above) is still looking at what is possible from an ExpressionEngine side of things.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Mallmus, 7 years ago

Count me in as another one in need of this... perhaps someone could post a solution here in the forums? - seems no ones figured it our for eight months :(

Jayneylou, 7 years ago

Any word on this yet?

xsive1 xsive1, 7 years ago

I need an AJAX submission solution.  Where are we with a tutorial or writeup on the subject?  Cheers.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Thanks for the continued requests guys. You'll be pleased to know we're putting the finishing touches on some sample code and we'll be sharing it on the blog next week.

Zyend, 7 years ago

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Thanks for your patience on this guys, we've just published the sample code to turn any regular subscribe form into an AJAX based form here:

Justin_Foxes, 7 years ago

I am getting the following error "Please enter a valid email address" no matter what I do I have added the code in between the 2 comments as shown in the documentation.  Am I missing something. I can post my code if need be

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Justin, feel free to post your code, or link to it on the web so we can help you get to the bottom of this.

1. 1
  2. 2

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free