"Acquiring or Issuing bank unavailable" anyone else?

This is the third or fourth time this year I've had this error. Anyone else got this problem right now? I've sent in a support request...hopefully it can be resolved quickly as my campaign is already late :-(

BlissfulGirl, 8 years ago

As per usual...I report the problem you guys help me out :-) You rock! That's how you run a good business!

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Glad you got the help you need BlissfulGirl!

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
andrewlightheart, 7 years ago

This happened for me too - I just persisted and after a while it went through.

Is there anything you can add about why this happens?

Might help to stop people (like me!) panicking when it does.

Cheers for a freaking great service otherwise.

Andrew

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi Andrew,

When that message pops up it means the payment gateway is having problems connecting to the card issuer. It's generally a temporary issue, more often than not it'll go away in a few minutes to a half an hour. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that's outside of our control, it's a connection issue somewhere along the way from the gateway to the bank (or even the whole banking network sometimes when multiple cards give the same error!).

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
micky, 7 years ago

I have had this issue once, but as Diana mentioned it was only a temporary one, so everything is going right way now, i can't complain, great work you're doing here.

Thanks, micky  Simulation pret

Jed Jones, 6 years ago

I'm getting the same problem - "Issuing bank temporarily unavailable" - for 5 days now. Both the merchant and the issuing bank are pleading cluelessness. So it would be really helpful if you could advise whose ass I should kick to resolve this interface problem.

Thanks if you get back!

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi Jed

We aren't getting complaints from other customers so there may be something else going on. If you contact us at support with the specifics of your account, we can take a look and see if we have more information about what's going on in your particular case.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098