Best practices question regarding campaign re-use

We're using the API in the following way:
1. CM maintains all unsubscribe and bounceback information
2. Our system synchronizes with CM nightly to retrieve unsubscribes and bouncebacks, then updates locally
3. Our system communicates with CM ad-hoc to add new subscribers or move them to a different list

We are now at a point where we would like CM to also send emails on a daily basis. Since the content and the recipient lists will always be the same, I am wondering if I need to create a new campaign (Campaign.Create) every time, followed by a Campaign.Send. Or - should I create a campaign once and then just re-send it.

We would like to be able to compare the results of each email campaign. Would that be lost if we re-rent a campaign? I'd be interested in best practices on this issue.

travisbell travisbell, 8 years ago

Hey Kai,

There isn't a method to resend a previously campaign in the CM API right now so your only option would be to send a new campaign every time.

On a side note, when using the app and the resending of a previously sent campaign, we create a new campaign meaning you would get independent reports for each campaign.

Travis Bell

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free