strange bug in referencing remote images

This is in a mailbuild template.

If I put a full url in for an image then it'll be carried through to the mailout so it's referenced directly off my server when the recipient opens it, which is great. I can then add a field like [fullname] into the query string and it still works, but then if I add <$currentday$> or any other of those tags then MB tries to pull the image down to host it itself, which is breaking things!

travisbell travisbell, 8 years ago

Hey tshannon0,

MailBuild requires you upload your images in your .zip for the template. The only time it won't is when you use the mb_dontimportimage tag. Are you using the mb_dontimportimage tag?

Lastly, are these images in your template, or images you're attempting to insert/use from the WYSIWYG editor?

Travis Bell
tshannon0 tshannon0, 8 years ago

thanks Travis, it looks like that should sort it.

The reason I reported it as a bug was that there's a strange difference in behaviour, when I use a full url with a tag like [fullname] in it, it doesn't import the image anyway. It's just adding the date tags that cause it to try and import. (The images are in the template, not user content)

Thanks for your help.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free