HTML Email Optimization

While testing a recent html email, I encountered an lapse in my understanding about optimization.

Example One: … index.html
Example Two: … -Moredeals

Example one is the email I have been working on. All images have been optimized as well as the code behind them to the best of my know how. However when opening each email (uncached), example two loads multitudes faster than my own (example two: less than 2 seconds - example one: nearing 5 seconds). Yet upon investigating the emails construction, image size and number I found no reason that example one should not load faster by strides.

If anyone has any advice on how these two cases differ and what can be done to example one to increase performance, please shed some light.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Hey Cody,

How are you testing? Are the images coming from the same server?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Cody Onthank, 8 years ago

No, I am actually looking at the images in each email's webversion using firebug.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

So they could be being served by different machines - that may account for some performance differences, making it tricky to confirm.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free