Where does the campaign reside on server and CMs Tags?

Hi all,

In previous campaigns I have set up a link at the top of my campaign like "If you cannot view the graphic below view the online version at here". This link then goes to my html server. My question is are you able to point to  where the campaign is uploaded to on Campaign Monitors server.

The reason for this is obviously using Campaign Monitors tags <unsubscribe>unsubscribe</unsubscribe> & <forwardtoafriend>text or image</forwardtoafriend> will not function on your own server if someone views them there. The way I am getting round this at the moment is having two different versions, one that is imported with CMs tags to have the functionality of unsubscribe and forward to a friend automated and the other version sitting on my server with email links back to the client for unsubscribing from the list and a link back to the html email on my server embedded in the body of forward to a friend email, the recipient obviously forwards the html email to whom ever. These are ok but requires manual input in both cases, although I do have the email subject and body filled out.

Hope this makes sense,

cheers,

Dave

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hey Dave,

No problem, you can do this easily with our <webversion> tag, which automatically links to a version on our server where unsubscribe, etc still works. You can read more about this tag here:

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/help/topic.aspx?t=78

Is that what you were after?

Dave01, 8 years ago

That is exactly what I am after Dave. Yep an online link to where it resides on Campaign Monitor so you get all the tracking abilities and options like forward to a friend and unsubscribe (so that unsubscribes automatically get removed from the subscription list etc.)
Thanks mate.

Cheers,

Dave

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098