Problem with bouncing emails

Hi there,

I was hoping you could help me. Almost a quarter of our emails are being returned as a hard bounce, which is a huge proportion! I've scanned through the list, and it does appear there is a high number of Yahoo and Hotmail addresses. I can't figure out why however, particularly as we do still have Hotmail and Yahoo addresses on our opened emails, so they're not getting blocked completed. All of our email addresses are quality, opt-in addresses, and we have only seen this problem in the past two months or so.

I've been doing some research on Hotmail blocking emails, and there are things you can check such as confirming your DNS is set up correctly, and if you're advertising yourself as a non-routable IP, however as we use Campaign Monitor, I'm not quite sure how we go about doing this.

Would anyone have any advice for me?

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Hi Liberty, I can confirm we're not experiencing any delivery issues to Yahoo or Hotmail. Your best bet is to drop a note to support with the specific campaign details so we can look into the specifics more for you.

In regards to the DNS side of things, you'd be referring to email authentication, which you can read all about setting up here.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free