Any data to support email client usage?

I was wondering if anyone had any sort of usage stats for email clients. I realize that it is not as simple as on the Web where analytics makes browsers usage very easy to see. What I am running into, is trying to sell clients on why I shouldn't do certain things (background images, white text over dark background, fancy CSS tricks). It is easy to say "People with Outlook 07 won't be able to see the email correctly." But when they ask about the penetration of that email client in the market, I really don't have anything to say other than a more corporate audience will have higher Outlook/Notes users, and consumer emails will have more webmail clients. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Magic bullets anyone? :)

Thanks,
Brian

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hey Brian,

While not 100% accurate, you can get a good idea of different email client usage in a general sense at:

http://fingerprintapp.com/email-client-stats

You can even use their tool to find out exactly what your client's recipients are using. It works well with Campaign Monitor.

ballen62, 7 years ago

Great tool. That will work great for what I need. Thanks!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098