Image and Cell Heights

Hi,

This is my first post so apolgies if it's a silly question as I'm farily inexperienced.

When using images in tables in HTML email do you add height values? I have found that not adding them can make the email more readble when images are not loaded by collapsing the cells. For example it can push email text nearer the top.
The problem that I have found with this is that live mail instead of collasping the cells makes them bigger? I was wondering what the best way to approach this was.

BThies BThies, 7 years ago

If the goal is to display correctly in all email clients, then I'd suggest specifying all sizes possible.  Alt tags should be used as well, so the reader can see what images are about if they have images disabled.

Massive header graphics at the top with all your text at the bottom, in my opinion, is not a good idea.  It should only take one full scroll of the mouse wheel to see your message.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098