Segments - Unconfirmed subscribers

I would like to build a segment list of subscribers who have not completed our double opt-in process.
That is; unconfirmed subscribers. 

I know how to list these subscriber details but I'm not sure if I can create a segment for these people.  I would like to remind them of the need to opt-in twice. 

Perhaps this is simply not a wise move as it may be interpreted as spam?

All ideas and offers of assistance gratefully accepted :-)

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

It's not currently possible to contact those people through Campaign Monitor - the idea being that it is a double opt-in and they have not actually opted in until they complete it, so the permission is not there.

However, we do realise people get distracted or forget. Potentially in the future we might look at ways of allowing you to contact them once, but it is not something we would promise yet.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Joncar Joncar, 8 years ago

Mathew,

Good answer! 
This is, of course, the right thing to do.

Thanks

ebbhitch, 8 years ago

I have the exact same problem and was hoping this thread would have the answer. 

I just realized today that even though I have ~600 people who successfully subscribed themselves to the list.. I have 498 who never confirmed.  I found this when checking on an email that, instead of clicking the link, sent a blank email back to the 'replyto' address.  Which is another common way to verify yourself to a mailing list.. sadly just not this one!

It would be great if there was a way to send perhaps a reminder through the system. Maybe limit it to 3 days after and only allow it once.  That way if they forgot, the system can remind them but still control the access to those names. 
Just my penny's worth.
Thanks!
Elizabeth

jonrayson, 7 years ago

I would love to see a solution for this as well, as I know from managing lists that people do forget to respond to the confirmation email.

When I was managing a list with PHPlist, there was an option to re-send the confirmation email to unconfirmed subscribers.  Would it be a bad thing to include a feature like that in CM?

Thanks!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098