Remote access to results

I have just set up the option to allow remote access to campaign results.
This is a very cool feature.

However, I am looking for a way to hide subscribers email addresses from view?
It may sound strange but I do not want to expose subscriber email addresses, even to the client.
This is part of our strict opt-in privacy agreement with subscribers. 
It's not that I don't trust my client, it's that I, err, actually it IS because I don't trust my client.
Temptation can be a powerful drug.

I need to keep a solid wall between subscriber details and my client.
However, I'd love for my client to have their own access to just the numbers.

I'm expecting the answer to be no...

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

The answer is 'no' I'm afraid. What's the relationship between your client and the subscriber list? Normally people are uploading lists which are owned by their clients.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Joncar Joncar, 8 years ago

Mathew,

We all work for the same entity.  Despite this, and very early on, we decided to keep all email lists* secure within our Communications area.  Sadly, there is a risk that others within the organisation may 'innocently borrow' or create their own pseudo campaigns.  Therefore, our decision to keep the email address data layer totally separate from the campaign/client layer.  This gives us the greatest possible control over PI as per our stated privacy policy.  Perhaps this is an unusual or unique approach within the CM world.

*To date, we have not been asked to upload any pre-existing lists, all subscribers have been obtained by site visitors voluntarily signing up (via the CM form).

The only pre-existing email lists we have cover our own staff.  This information is already available internally via known distribution lists, so staff campaigns are not the problem.

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi Joncar!

In your case, the "Export all Reports" function on the Campaign Reports might be a good alternative to the Report Access?

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Joncar Joncar, 8 years ago

Hi Stig,

Thanks for the advice regarding the export feature.  I will continue to do this as well as supply CM screen shots where appropriate.

John

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098