Another newbie question?

I want to send our first e-mail through Campaign, can I send a JPEG file just as it is?

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

You will need an entire HTML page, basically, even if it is a very simple one. Also, sending just one image is not a great idea because image blocking means many people will not see it.

Check out http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/archives/2007/02/current_conditions_and_best_pr_1.html for more.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Bennet, 8 years ago

OK, I think I understand but, what I have is not is not just one photo but a whole layout that is in JPEG. I have e-mailed it to a number of my friends and to myself and it goes through fine. Can I test it somehow with you? All I need to do is to add a few remarks at the top and at the bottom.
Wendell

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi Bennet!
To test, all you have to do is sign up. You can send free tests to 5 or fewer recipients.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Bennet, 8 years ago
stig :

Hi Bennet!
To test, all you have to do is sign up. You can send free tests to 5 or fewer recipients.

Stig

Good suggestion, I will try to send my JPEG file through Campaign to 5 persons and see the results.  Bennet

tracy16, 8 years ago

Hi Stig,
i am a newbie so you may find my questions a bit stupid but please excuse me for that, i am still trying to learn the concept of campaign. i did not have enough material to start a new thread.

so when i came to this post i thought i can relate a bit here. are you sure the number of mails containing jpegs and sent using campaign do not end up in junk folder.

please advise.

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi tracy16,
there's a good chance that many spam filters will send your email to the junk folder if you only include jpegs and no text.

To get a better idea of how spam filters will respond to your email, you could try Campaign Montior's built in testing tool. That will show you both how your email will look in different email clients (with/without image blocking), and how good your chances are of actually making it to the inbox :)

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
BThies BThies, 8 years ago

Bennett,

The best practice to ensure your message displays correctly, is to design it in a way that text is text within the graphics.  This is accomplished by breaking the design into "puzzle pieces", and seeing where you can simply use text instead of the graphic.  Obviously it'd need to be in sections that have a solid color background in order to display correctly.

One of the services we provide is an "Email Translation", in which all you'd need to send is the original you designed it in (Photoshop, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, InDesign, etc.), and we'd fully code it to be functional across all email clients.

This is the preferred service for those who know how to do the designs themselves, but don't have the coding experience (or time) to make it display right.

Also, as the others have mentioned, if images are disabled, your message will most likely get deleted.  That is, if it even makes it past some of the spam filters that block "all image" emails.

Brian
Owner, Head Design Consultant
Thies Publishing
bthies@thiespublishing.com

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098