Non-Programmer Just Starting Out

I would like to be able to use Microsoft Front Page to create emails using the templates in the library.  I've downloaded one to my hard drive but have no idea of what to do from there.  If I could see a template in Front Page Editor I could edit it.  Help!

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi bmckinney!
I strongly recommend that you don't use Front Page for creating emails, but rather learn basic HTML and CSS (or find someone who can help you). A good place to start would be W3 Schools (HTML and CSS). That way, you'll have much better control over how the email looks when it arrives in your subscribers' inboxes.

Campaign Monitor's resources for creating awesome email designs is another great place to go.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to post more questions in the forums.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
SniperSystems SniperSystems, 7 years ago

Just to follow up Frontpage tends to put A LOT of unneeded html into the source of the created page, so you are more likely to end up with an email that doesnt look right in the email client.

BThies BThies, 7 years ago

The best way to code an email - code by hand.

..or, as an alternative, just do the design end, and have someone else do the coding for you.

Owner, Head Design Consultant
Thies Publishing

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free