Getting people to click on a link to go into a draw

Hi There

I want to keep people reading my emails,  and I was thinking if I could get people to click on a link to go into a draw,  they would keep reading rather than the dreaded unsubscribe button .

Is there a way to do that out of the box with CM?

Kind regards

Joncar Joncar, 7 years ago

Hey there Marty,

Remember the golden rule: "The user holds the mouse, and there is nothing you can do about it."

I prefer to let my newsletter content do the talking.  If my content is worthwhile, I expect to get fewer unsubscribes.  I also make my unsubscribe link prominent.  Crazy?  Not really, I believe that this shows newsletter recipients that I respect their choice to do whatever they like.

Just my 2c worth. 
Good luck.

vince, 7 years ago

Not currently possible with CM
It would need a survey feature.
A workaround could be to use the campaign reports, and create a segment from all users that clicked-through to a certain page.

djwhisky, 7 years ago

You could do it if your web server has PHP/ASP etc...

append [email]to the querystring of your link i.e.[email]Then pick up the "e" parameter and whack it in a database. Then you've got a local copy of everyone who's clicked the link...

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free