The New Campaign Monitor

Hi guys... am having a play and it looks very nice!!
It's finally nice to have everything in one place and not have to do some things in one account and others in another... although it does now mean my application for synchronising subscriber lists between CM and MailBuild is now redundant!

Just a couple of things I've noticed straight away:
* When a client is marked as having report access only, they still have a Billing option on the top right hand navigation.
* When you mark a client as having GA integration, there doesn't seem to be anywhere the option to set the source and campaign name that appears in GA - this used to be in the old Campaign Monitor?!

djwhisky, 7 years ago

Oh... and on your website I can't post any comments on the blog as it says that my email address is required but there is no email address field :)

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hey djwhisky, thanks for the kind words, and sorry for making your sweet app redundant!

Thanks for the heads up abut those issues too. We're working on a fix for the first one now, and hope to have it live in the next couple of hours.

As for the GA integration, we now use your site name as the referring source. You can head into the Customize tab and change this to be anything you like. This way it keeps it white labelled and familiar for any clients that you have the feature turned on for.

Thanks for the note about commenting on the blog too, looking at this now.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Quick update, you can now add comments to the blog, and the other fix will be going live real soon. Thanks again.

djwhisky, 7 years ago

Wow! Quick response considering you probably should be out celebrating :)

With the GA integration, am not sure whether using the site name would is the best thing... we've got our company name here so that it shows in the browser title bar and other elements on the site. Our clients would prefer the referrer to show up as "e-newsletter" or "Email" rather than "Joe Bloggs Inc." - depending on their own personal preferences?

Think where i'm getting at is could it be added as a client setting?

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Cool, I see where you're coming from and will definitely discuss that one with the team. Thanks for the very early feedback. Now, where's that beer...

djwhisky, 7 years ago

Yeah - you guys deserve it... !!

djwhisky, 7 years ago

Ohhh its the little things I like.... like how you can see a status of how far through sending the system is :)

RichardH, 7 years ago

Hummm - already had a customer on the phone asking why the reports have changed - she seems to think some of the info is no longer available (though I'd not be surprised if she just needs tome time to take a look round).
On another note though, they used to really like the Report Summary (that was only available to us rather than them as a client login) - I used to open it up and save it as a PDF and send it on to them. I don't seem top be able to get at that any more? It would be even nier if that old report summary (or something similar) was avaialble to our clients, too..

Keep up the good work!

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hey Richard, we pulled the current reports export because we weren't happy with it, and are working on a much nicer white label and straight to PDF version. We're hoping to get this one out before Christmas, and will announce it in the blog as soon as it's good to go.

RichardH, 7 years ago

That's good to know - thanks for the update. Be great if customers can avail themselves of this feature.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Yep, will definitely be available to your clients too.

liquidmagic, 7 years ago

It looks great!

I think that yo missed the sample email template files link and I get a 404 error.

harreguin, 7 years ago

I'm trying to manage my subscribers and the search button isn't working for me.  What am I doing wrong?

clarksonline, 7 years ago

Great job everyone, well done on the integration and not forgetting the nice new features.

Just spotted one thing, not sure if I am right or not, but when I'm logged in as a client I get to the "Improve your delivery rates by authenticating your from address", which links to the details of the authentication.  Surely the client shouldn't see this.

harreguin, 7 years ago

Never mind, the box outline just isn't there any more.  Didn't realize that was a field to type into.

gemailer, 7 years ago

Regarding exporting reports:

Congrats on the launch overall. The new site looks great. I'm still feeling my way around the new layouts, but it looks like a nice improvement.

However, I'm really disappointed that the export report summary feature was pulled and not being reinstated until "before Christmas". I used this feature for every campaign. We print reports and present them to clients at meetings all the time. So now, for at least 3 weeks or so, I don't have the ability to export reports, and there is no styling on the current report pages for printing so they look awful when printed. My only option is to take screenshots of every report? This is going to make it a very difficult month in pulling reports for clients.

I understand you "weren't happy with it," but a feature that did achieve a purpose is better than no feature at all in my opinion. I would have rather had the old export ability with the understanding it was going to be improved soon.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but this was actually a key feature for me. So while the new site looks great, it's actually taken a step back in functionality for me.

Vernal, 7 years ago

Great job.

My two cents on seemingly simple things to add/fix to make this new shiny product perfect:
1. Modify the subscriber search box (on manage subscribers screen) so that searching of custom fields is supported.
2. Modify the subscription list RSS feed so that it displays subscriber profile changes made through preference center.

If those things happened CM would meet 99% of the CRM needs of many, many non-profit organizations that I work with.

jefft, 7 years ago

The new CM is freakin' great but ... will the Search feature be returning to Sent Campaign Reports? It was super-helpful.

Joncar Joncar, 7 years ago

Hey guys!

Love the new look CM, very fresh and easy to use.
Your interface sure lives up to the Freshview company name.

If only all on-line apps were as well thought out!

popkopop, 7 years ago

Second all the praise, but I also rely on the reports export, as soon as I offer to give my in-house clients access they recoil in horror at the thought of having to understand an interface, no matter how easy it may be! Offer them paper and they get all excited about the numbers and charts... so please CM, make the reports come back soon!!

liquidmagic, 7 years ago

Excellent job! Everything looks very good, very tidy and very organized

One error: When logged in as a client of mine, i tried to view the campaign (link on the snapshot page of the campaign) I get a popup that included the same page (the snapshot). If I login normally I see the campaign.

RichardH, 7 years ago

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that relied on these reports. I am getting chased by clients for reports, and CANNOT SUPPLY THEM.
Do we have an ETA on the new reporting, as this is rather embarrassing for me.

jonathan01, 7 years ago

I also REALLY need to know an ETA on printing reports etc as my clients depend on this to present at board and partner meetings etc

You did mention prior to Christmas but I don't see anything yet so at the moment I am attempting to print each page of reports and it's just useless - totally undesired output from your pages.

This is one of THE most important things to have running for business' and to remove the existing abilities just doesn't make sense.

Please inform your users - thank you.

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

We don't have a specific time frame right now I'm afraid. It is very close though, and will be a significant improvement.

Don't forget you can let your clients login and view reports only at any time, without giving them access to anything else. That's the primary way most clients access their reports based on the feedback we get from customers, and our own stats.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
  1. 1
  2. 2

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free