Where's my CM stuff?

So sorry, I know this is a really silly thing to ask, but I'm stumped...

I was previously a user of both MB and CM, and have many clients in both. I've logged into the system every which way I know of, both using my old MB URL/login and also CM too. However, all I see is my MB stuff - i.e. on the Clients tab I just see 'Clients sending themselves'. There's no sign of my CM clients, campaigns, etc, at all. Have they just gone? Or is there a way I need to sync them up with my account somehow? I really need to have access to the reports, previews of past campaigns, etc.

Sorry if I'm being really dim :)

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hey Dave, you're not being dumb at all. Can get confusing with multiple accounts. Basically, you still have 2 separate accounts with us, and right now you're logging in to your old MB account.

If you head to http://login.createsend.com/loginForm.aspx and log in using your CM username and password (with no sitename), you'll be asked to set up a second site address for this account, and will be able to log in.

Unfortunately we couldn't implement a simple way to merge accounts, so your best bet is to pick the account you plan on using moving forward, and then re-add your clients to that, export/import lists, etc.

Hope that helps, please let me know if anything doesn't make sense.

lithiumdave, 7 years ago

Hey Dave, thanks for getting back to me so quickly! So, I can basically set up a new temporary address for my CM stuff, at least to access my old data, but from now on do anything new in what's basically my old MB account? That makes sense and is absolutely fine - I don't know where I'd got the idea they'd be merged! My own wild imagination, obviously.... :)

All looks fantastic btw, very very impressed indeed. Good luck with this new chapter.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

That's spot on Dave, exactly. Glad you like the look of everything too, much appreciated.

jenny.hill, 6 years ago

In this situation -- moving a client from CM to MB, how do I make sure the suppression list is imported with the rest of the client subscriber information?

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hey Jenny

If you are trying to port an entire client's lists and want to retain the history, suppression, etc. it would likely be best to get in contact with support so we can help with that. If you simply want to transfer the suppression list you can export the current list and in the new client account, click to "Add to suppression list" where you would paste the emails from your current suppression list that you exported.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free