Managing Subscriber Lists

Hi all

I have two subscriber lists, 'All Clients' and 'New Clients', I want to merge into the 'All Clients' list. The only way I can find to do this is to export 'New Cients', delete them, then re-import that list into 'All clients'.

Will deleting those subscribers prevent me from importing them back in?

Thanks in advance.

==

Marcus

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi Marcus,

By delete do you mean delete the list or delete the subscribers? You actually don't need to do either, you can export the subscribers from one list and then import them into the other list to merge them. Then you can either leave the other list or delete it (which won't unsubscribe the subscribers or do anything to prevent you from importing them again in the future).

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
kdesigngroup, 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I did mean delete the list rather than the subscribers. I think it was the description for 'Remove subscribers - Unsubscribe members from this list' in the 'Manage list' that confused me and made me think those people would be unsubscribed.

I'm guessing I would have to do the export/import/delete list in that order or does it not make a difference?

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

I'd definitely recommend doing it in that order. Just in case something happens with the import you definitely don't want to delete the list until you know everything else is fine!

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098