Campaign Monitor Name does show

Dear Campaign Monitor Team,

I just signed up to your product and I am very happy with what you offer, I do think it will make a great additional to our services without the hassle of running all our clients campaigns.

I do however have one little tiny bone to pick with you...

You state that the product is completely free of the "Campaign Monitor" name ("Campaign Monitor is never mentioned." so that we can resell it as our own product. whilst this is true for the majority of the software there is one little area I noticed your name appearing.

On the example images (Test results for Demo design and spam test page), when a full screen shot shows as an example in a particular mail clients you can clearly see the email address is from david@campaignmonitor.com.

These images should be replaced with a generic email address to truly meet your website statement, in fact the createsend.com would probably be the best option since I know that you have to show that on a clients credit card statements as a legal requirement.

I realise that I may be the first person to notice it or the first to voice it and it is even by my own admission is very nick picky, but no matter how many services I've used that claim to be "Company Name" free they never truly are.

I've only been looking at your product for about 3 hours and if that's the only mention of the name and you get rid of it then you may be the first company that I know of to actually be "Company Name" free - something that is rarer than you would think.

I would like to restate that I really like your product and its ease of use and I look forward to reselling it; I'm just a pernickety kind of person and felt I should say something about it.

Kind Regards
Alan Fair
Contact Multimedia

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hey Alan,

Thanks so much for the very kind words, great to hear you like what you see so far. You'll be pleased to know that we're working on replacing these sample screens right now, and hope to have an update available in the next few hours. if you spot any other mentions (we've looked long and hard ourselves), please let us know.

contactmultimedia, 7 years ago

Hi Dave,

Now that fills me with even more confidence to use your product.

Whenever I've pointed out this type of issue before, firstly it usually took a day or so before a response was given and secondly in most cases they never actually made any effort to resolve the point I made even though it went against their claims on the site.

You've done both in a matter of minutes and are already working on the solution, very impressive!

I'll certainly be looking forward to seeing the full product in action. If you're taking on board more ideas you might want to allow your tips and articles to be part of the private label system menu as well.

This will encourage all our customers to use the software more as they will be able to improve their campaign results, that means more money for us, which means more for you - it's win win win!

Kind Regards
Alan Fair
Contact Multimedia

djwhisky, 7 years ago

Hi guys
I noticed when sending an email for a client earlier that the invoice stated that I would be charged by CAMPAIGNMONITOR.COM.
Can you confirm that if the client is charged directly, they're charged by CREATESEND.COM?
Thanks

djwhisky :

Hi guys
I noticed when sending an email for a client earlier that the invoice stated that I would be charged by CAMPAIGNMONITOR.COM.
Can you confirm that if the client is charged directly, they're charged by CREATESEND.COM?
Thanks

Hi djwhisky,

When I created and logged into a new test client account on the right hand side in billing it says

"Your credit card statement

Please remember that each time you send a campaign, the charge will appear on your credit card statement from:
CREATESEND.COM EMAIL NEWSLETTER SOFTWARE"

So it should have that on their credit cards, I think it's only us that get the campaign monitor name on our bills.

Kind Regards
Alan Fair
Contact Multimedia

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

That's right guys, only you will be billed by Campaign Monitor, all clients will only ever see createsend.com.

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Another little detail:
When logging in as a client and sending a campaign, the receipt for the campaign ("Your campaign has been delivered") is sent with "mailed-by campaignmonitor.com".

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
steveguberman steveguberman, 7 years ago

I just did a spam and design test and noticed that the screen shots of the email show the "To" address as being "freshview@cp.campaignmonitor.com". Now that my clients can do their own Spam and Design Testing... will they also see this?

www.fifthroomroomcreative.com    Print • Web • New media
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.campaignfive.com                Do-it yourself email marketing done right
Joncar Joncar, 7 years ago
contactmultimedia :

Hi Dave,

Now that fills me with even more confidence to use your product.

Whenever I've pointed out this type of issue before, firstly it usually took a day or so before a response was given and secondly in most cases they never actually made any effort to resolve the point I made even though it went against their claims on the site.

You've done both in a matter of minutes and are already working on the solution, very impressive!

I'll certainly be looking forward to seeing the full product in action. If you're taking on board more ideas you might want to allow your tips and articles to be part of the private label system menu as well.

This will encourage all our customers to use the software more as they will be able to improve their campaign results, that means more money for us, which means more for you - it's win win win!

Kind Regards
Alan Fair
Contact Multimedia

Alan,

These guys rock!
CM is the most responsive and active online company I have ever had the pleasure in dealing with.

John

Stig Stig, 7 years ago
Joncar :

Alan,

These guys rock!
CM is the most responsive and active online company I have ever had the pleasure in dealing with.

John

I can attest to that

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Thanks guys, that's some awesome feedback and much appreciated. Thanks for your patience as iron out any last minute issues too.

@Stig, I've tried to replicate that issue and had no luck, can you please fire the email and details through to support and we'll have a look (email issues have been sorted too, so it should arrive immediately).

@Steve, thanks, we're aware of that one and will be replacing the sample test results over the next day or two.

stig :

Another little detail:
When logging in as a client and sending a campaign, the receipt for the campaign ("Your campaign has been delivered") is sent with "mailed-by campaignmonitor.com".

Stig

Cheers for the spotting of the name Stig!

I haven't yet set up a live campaign, but it would seem that there needs to be a little more attention paid with regards to the Campaign Monitor name. I did say that very rarely are these things completely "Company Name" Free and now I feel I need to be checking everything possible to be sure, but I hate the idea that I would have to spend money just to check that the name doesn't show – Anywhere!

Can everyone like Stig help us make sure that the name is truly never mentioned and help the Campaign Monitor guys ensure that they live up to what they say! That’s not a dig, I know some things just slip through the cracks sometimes (being a web developer myself).

P.S I have to say, I am also a little disappointed that the images on the test campaigns still haven’t been changed yet, they still show a Campaign Monitor email account. Come on guys make me as impressed as I was yesterday, I’m starting to fade ;-)

Kind Regards
Alan Fair
Contact Multimedia

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

I forwarded the email to support@campaignmonitor.com.

And by all means - issues like these are to be expected with an upgrade this big and complex. You're handling it well :)

Stig

Dave Dave, 7 years ago
contactmultimedia :

images on the test campaigns still haven’t been changed yet, they still show a Campaign Monitor email account.

We'll be replacing the test images very soon, and we're setting up a new white label address for all future addresses today. We're definitely on to this one.

PS. Thanks for the understand as always Stig.

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hey stig/others,

We're aware of this Gmail issue, good spotting indeed. I'll update you all when we have a fix in place.

--
Travis Bell
twisty, 7 years ago

You've done a great job with the new site - love the new interface and features :o)

Just to add to the white label discussion - I've noticed that in the 'help' section the question "How do I import subscribers from a file?" has 3 Freshview names in the CSV file example. Nothing major but if a client googled David Greiner we'd get found out! :o)

Keep up the fantastic work - we couldn't get by without you!

vince, 7 years ago

On a related issue, it would also make sense if this forum only gave public access to a 'pre-sales' category.
Please?
thanks

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Another feature request:
Having the screenshots in the Help section reflect the custom colors, logo and possibly also client name. Right now, the screenshots are kind of a big giveaway about it being a rebranded system, even if it doesn't reveal which system it is.

Stig

Dave Dave, 7 years ago
twisty :

I've noticed that in the 'help' section the question "How do I import subscribers from a file?" has 3 Freshview names in the CSV file example.

Good catch, that's been fixed.

vince :

it would also make sense if this forum only gave public access to a 'pre-sales' category.

We're really keen to keep everything as open as we can for customers and non customers alike. There's lots of good stuff in here on email design and marketing that anyone can benefit from. Of course, if you guys need this to happen we'll certainly consider it. Thoughts anyone?

Stig :

Having the screenshots in the Help section reflect the custom colors, logo and possibly also client name.

That would certainly be tricky for us. Perhaps we can look at removing the header area from the screenshots, that way the only real different would be title and link text color. How does that sound?

Stig Stig, 7 years ago
Dave :
Stig :

Having the screenshots in the Help section reflect the custom colors, logo and possibly also client name.

That would certainly be tricky for us. Perhaps we can look at removing the header area from the screenshots, that way the only real different would be title and link text color. How does that sound?

That would be an improvement, but I'm not sure my suggestion would be all that tricky?

The images would have to be generated dynamically, of course. Switching between the 9 color schemes is the easiest part, and then you just need to add the logo in the right position and right scale, right?

The header adds some useful context, especially the navigation tabs.

Stig

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Problem is, these are screenshots, not the actual page itself, so it isn't something we could swap out dynamically. Not only are they screenshots, they are resized screenshots, so we couldn't even be able to mimic them with real HTML if we tried unfortunately.

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Stig,

Something else to remember,  both of the options I can imagine have issues.

1) If loaded all of the screenshots on the fly for every customer, that's a lot of resources that would need to be dedicated to something like this (keep in mind, thousands of users hitting that daily).

2) If we cached them, ok we've solved the resource issue but what happens when you update your design/look, or we change something in the UI. Now we again have to go through and re-generate thousands of images...

Like Dave said, it would be ideal if we could but the effort required to do it is fairly substantial and I'm sure most of our users would rather see us put that time into new features, no?

--
Travis Bell
Stig Stig, 7 years ago

True - I'm not used to taking that kind of scale into concideration :)

Dave, I was a little unclear about the generation of the screenshots. I'm not suggesting you actually generate the content of each screenshot, but rather generating the layout with the color scheme & logo, and placing the content screen shots on top. If that made sense?

But as far as the resources this would require, I won't try to argue with you :) If the options are the current screenshots, or beheaded ones, I vote for the latter.

Stig

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Thanks Stig, that's looking like the best solution at this stage.

dullRAZ0R, 7 years ago

I noticed that when you utilize the forgot your password feature on the login that they response says from camcampaignmonitor.com in the email address.

1. 1
  2. 2

Join 150,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098