Simple way to handle reminder emails?

I send out multiple monthly event invitations, which usually involves sending a save-the-date, invitation, and a reminder or two. For the reminder email, I'd prefer to send a short email with a link referencing the original invitation. But if I host that invitation HTML on my website, it won't be personalized like the invitation they received.

Is there a way to link back to a previous campaign's HTML email hosted on CM, or am I overly complicating this and there is an easier way to handle reminder emails?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

- Sashi

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Hey Sashi,

Unfortunately there's no way to easily link to a personalized sent campaign, but there is a way to make this work if you're prepared to do a little work at your end. Using our personalization tags, you can easily make the link back to your site pass the email address of that subscriber with it.

Here's an example:

<a href="[email]>Click here to see your invitation</a>

Now all you need to do is add some smarts to the landing page on your site to use their email address and display any of their personali details you need. If you don't have sa local database to grab those details from, you can always pass more details through with the link, such as name, and any custom field values using the same personalization tag approach.

aognenoff, 9 years ago

If/when the API gets a subscriber detail method, this would be a perfect use for it. Pass in an email address as you've suggested and do the lookup against the CM database - eliminates the need for the local database and gets around having to pass a ton of variables in the query string. I'm so looking forward to that!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free