Personalised fields on forwarded email

Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some advice. I am using personalised fields in my emails for the greeting eg. Dear XXXX. However, when the recipient uses the Forward to a Friend link, the forwarded email that the friend receives seems to revert back to the coding, rather than the name of the original recipient eg Dear [firstname1,fallback=Customer], rather than Dear XXXXX. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks for your help.

tobystokes, 8 years ago

That's interesting, the behaviour you are after is the opposite of what I wanted.
I think actually reverting to fallback is a reasonable compromise to keep everyone happy!
So maybe this is a feature of the new system?
See http://www.campaignmonitor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1729

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

I may have misunderstood acchristopher, but the way I read it, the problem is that the personalization tags show up in the forwarded mail, not the fallback?

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hey acchristopher, are you testing via a test email or a fully sent campaign? Once it's a fully sent campaign then the personalization will fill in correctly in the forwarded campaign and it will show the details of the person who originally received the email.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098