Personalised fields on forwarded email

Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some advice. I am using personalised fields in my emails for the greeting eg. Dear XXXX. However, when the recipient uses the Forward to a Friend link, the forwarded email that the friend receives seems to revert back to the coding, rather than the name of the original recipient eg Dear [firstname1,fallback=Customer], rather than Dear XXXXX. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks for your help.

tobystokes, 7 years ago

That's interesting, the behaviour you are after is the opposite of what I wanted.
I think actually reverting to fallback is a reasonable compromise to keep everyone happy!
So maybe this is a feature of the new system?

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

I may have misunderstood acchristopher, but the way I read it, the problem is that the personalization tags show up in the forwarded mail, not the fallback?

But correct me if I'm wrong.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hey acchristopher, are you testing via a test email or a fully sent campaign? Once it's a fully sent campaign then the personalization will fill in correctly in the forwarded campaign and it will show the details of the person who originally received the email.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free