How long should approval takes?

We sent the approval request last friday, but still havn't got any response,
Please give us some advice, we should delivery this round of email as soon as possible, if still no response , we should switch another service provider.

The email of my account is the email of the account in forum.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hi Robbin, our approval process normally takes no more than a couple of hours, and we have processed all current pending approvals, so I'd certainly get in touch with the support team and we can get this resolved for you immediately.

stefan, 7 years ago

I was ready to send out my campaign and got hit with a big surprise.  I really need someone to contact me about getting my campaign approved.  It has to go out in 2-3 hours.  I can't wait for 12.

This is something that really needs to be upfront and not sprung on clients.  Maybe it is and I just missed it but it should be clearer.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hi Stefan,

This campaign was actually just approved. Please keep in mind this is usually a one-off approval process provided you or your client don't sent to a significantly larger list. Please also understand that this is a necessary process to ensure we can offer you and your clients they great deliverability we provide by maintaining a good sender reputation.

stefan, 7 years ago

I have that in mind but you should state upfront that this is necessary instead of springing it your client.  I couldn't find any information on how many emails you allow before this process in added in.  If I knew up front that this process was in place, I would have been able to plan for it. Hitting your clients with it right before they hit the send button is a bad idea.

Overall, I really like your service and the ease of use.  I recommend the site, just be aware of the approval process.

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

I too remember this as an inconvenient surprise the very first time I used CM.

I forget when the alert is shown, but I agree that it should be stated as early as possible.

If the first alert is when you're trying to send, I suggest moving it to once you've imported the list.

Once you know about the approval process, it's easier to plan for, like stefan said. It's one of those tricky thing to be clear about, though.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Thanks Stig and Stefan, appreciate the feedback. This is definitely a process we're always looking at tweaking(and did as part of the merger), but we'll look at how we can make it clearer as early as possible.

divamatrix, 7 years ago

I cannot agree with and state any clearer that the approval process should DEFINITELY be more up front.  We've been planning for this for months.  Now we're at send day and suddenly finding out that there's an approval process.  Very bad situation for us.. and it looks like for other people.  I love the site and the ease of use.  Implementing the API was very easy as well.  Now, however, we're in very hot water with the client due to not knowing ahead of time that they'd need to be approved.  I'm sure I'll work things out, but this needs attention and should be on your top of the list of things to fix.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free