Subscribe form for multiple mailing lists

Any plans to provide a subscribe form for multiple mailing lists?

Newsletter 1 (screenshot & checkbox)

Newsletter 2 (screenshot & checkbox)

Newsletter 3 (screenshot & checkbox)

Signup!

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi!
Not sure what you mean by "screenshot", but there's currently two ways to do subscribe fors for multiple lists.

1) On the "Create a subscribe form" page, select any additional lists you'd like under "Add an opt-in checkbox for other lists"

or

2) In stead of actually having separate lists, you can use a custom field to segment subscribers by which alternatives they select

Did that make sense?

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
check this out, 7 years ago

Thanks Stig,

Yup it does and I am pretty sure option 1 is the answer - perfect!

I totally didn’t know CM already had that functionality.

I thought of "screenshot" after playing about with CM's new template building stuff.

Think I'll just add my own screenshots to accompany each checkbox.

Thanks again.

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Yes, adding a screenshot would be something you'd do manually, it would be straightforward. That's a nice idea too! We'd love to see the result.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
jesperordrup, 7 years ago
stig :

Hi!
Not sure what you mean by "screenshot", but there's currently two ways to do subscribe fors for multiple lists.

1) On the "Create a subscribe form" page, select any additional lists you'd like under "Add an opt-in checkbox for other lists"

or

2) In stead of actually having separate lists, you can use a custom field to segment subscribers by which alternatives they select

Did that make sense?

Stig

1)
This is cool ... one thing .. it seems that only the custom fields for the primary list gets values. Ie both lists has an "age" field, but only the primary list get the value. Can I do anything to change that?

Related question .. when adding one subscriber to say 3 lists .. is it true that it becomes 3 separate entries - ie. no "link" between the entries. It's really one person making a profile and subscribing 3 lists and the profile could contain the shared fields?

2)
I can create segments - but how do I use them?

Thanks
Jesper

Hi all and Campaign monitor staff,

Is this forum the best way to ask questions?

kindly,
Jesper

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi Jesper, it depends.

For very account-specific questions, email support is the best way.

For other questions, the forums let you ask both the Campaign Monitor team and the rest of us. Also, others may benefit from the discussions you start here. So for the most, this is where you want to be :)

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
mhalpin, 7 years ago

I successfully setup a subscribe form for a master newsletter subscriber list, then setup opt-ins for newsletters A and B that fall under the master list. However, in testing out the subscription process, I also chose to unsubscribe and make sure that they could choose to opt-out of either A or B or both WITHOUT unsubscribing to our company altogether. Well there wasn't an option to do thisall in reverse, so as a test user, I was forced to unsubscribe altogether.

In trying to solve this problem, I then created custom fields for the master list in the Preference Center so that a user could opt-out for newsletter A & B, but Campaign Monitor didn't let me access the two lists I had tied to the Master list (like when I created the subscribe form). I was able to create two custom form fields that say the user wants to opt-in or opt-out, but they're not actually linked in any way to the sublists and it looks like I'd have two separate lists to sort out everytime we need to send out our newsletters.

Help! Why doesn't this process work in reverse (subscribe/opt-in to multiple lists, then unsubscribe/opt-out to one or more lists). I tried segments, but those segments won't link to my sublists either.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hi mhalpin,

The preference center does not work across multiple lists, it is currently list-specific. So, if you plan on using it for different types of subscription options, it's best to create a single master list, and then use our custom fields and segments feature to split the list up based on preferences.

Once this is done, your subscribers can select which areas they do and don't want to be subscribed to, or just unsubscribe from all areas completely (that is, unsubscribe from the master list).

Does that make sense?

Dave Dave, 7 years ago
jesperordrup :

Related question .. when adding one subscriber to say 3 lists .. is it true that it becomes 3 separate entries - ie. no "link" between the entries.

That's right Jesper, if they are in 3 separate lists, there is no relationship. Please see my advice for mhalpin above, it's best to use a single mater list and then use custom fields and segments to manage everything.

Thanks Dave.

As I understand it's all possible if you use segments. This is good news. Somehow I've missed all about how to use segments when building forms and sending newsletters to segments .. but I'll check it out.

Thanks
Jesper

vince, 7 years ago

May be a good idea to have some video tutorials (white label) to help understand these points?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098