Fix email address of a Hard Bounce

I have just sent a campaign where a handful of subscribers showed up as hard bounces, a couple of which were incorrect email addresses entered.  How can I fix the email so that next time I send they are included?

I have linked to them from the bounce list and tried editing, no joy, I searched for them manually found the entries and then gained the edit button, changed the email address but even though no errors or warning text appeared the entry stayed exactly the same as before i tried editing.  I then went to suppression list and removed one from there thinking that this will unblock whatever was stopping me, however after editing again same result.

It appears that unless you manually enter the record again their is now way to fix the email address once it is tagged as a hard bounce.  Is it me, have I missed something?

Malcolm H

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi Malcolm. What you can do is either just add them again with the new address or you can resubscribe them (choose bounced instead of unsubscribed) and then go in to edit the records to update the email address by clicking on their address in the list.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
enfueggo enfueggo, 5 years ago

As you know, sometimes a mistyped email address leads to a bounced subscriber, so I'm wondering...

Why can't we edit a subscriber when viewing them from the "bounced" list? The bounced subscriber snapshot page is almost identical to the regular subscriber snapshot page, but missing that helpful "edit subscriber" button.

Having to search for them each outside of the bounce list to edit their email address is a real time killer... and hard to explain to clients.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi enfueggo, the 'Edit Subscriber' button is visible when you click on the email address in question in the 'Bounced' list. You can also move the subscriber to the 'Active subscribers' list again, too. Let us know if you're still having troubles - we're happy to look into this for you.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
enfueggo enfueggo, 5 years ago

But Ros, your screenshot shows that you're actually in the 'Lists & Subscribers' tab, while clicking on the email in the 'Bounced' list keeps you in the 'Reports' tab. My screenshot

But, you did make me notice the 'Show complete history' link, which brings you to the right page for that subscriber, which is OK with me. Thanks!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Ah, thank you for clarifying! Great to hear you're on the right track now :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free