It doesn't seem like any localization is available yet but is it in some way possible to alter pages like forward-to-a-friend, preference center and such.

It would be nice to be able to edit the text on the generic unsubscripe page etc?

Problem is that many clients would take distance to the project by not seeing things in their native language.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hi Oskar,

You can already customize the subscribe and unsubscribe confirmation pages. Head into your list and then click on "Customize Subscribe Process" and "Unsubscribe settings" to make these changes. We also plan on adding foreign language support for the Forward to a Friend and Preferences page in the new year.

rob.gevers, 7 years ago

Yes , foreign language support would be great

i got dutch clients and now it's not possible to offer them the forward a friend solution as this is in english !

Rob Gevers

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Rob, you'll be pleased to know we plan on offering foreign language support for the forward to a friend and preference center page some time in the next month or two.

jrseney, 7 years ago

This is becoming a big issue with my clients, since they absolutely require multi-language support for the following (specific to each subscriber):

1) Registration
2) Thank you/Confirmation email
3) Email campaigns
4) Unsubscribe page

I can easily take care of 1 & 3 (Registration and campaigns) by building custom registration pages and using segments to select users by a field (added language field).

However, the confirmation email and the unsubscribe page are more difficult. The unsubscribe page I could build a custom page that takes in email and language (but would need to build link in template). The confirmation page is hardest as we don't have a reliable smtp server to use, and would not be able to build the CM unsubscribe link etc.

To help remedy these scenarios, the option of templates for these pages could be built by CM to allow tapping into the segments to have multiple templates. This way, if a user matches a segment, they would get a custom template for their confirmation and unsubscribes.

I know this might seem like a lot of work, but its a solution for a real world problem that I'm sure many international clients (and CM customers) will face.

Thanks for the feedback, and continued improvement of CM!

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Thanks for the follow up jrseney. If you're looking at providing different versions of all of these pages, you're better off setting up a different list for each language. This way, you can provide a customized version for each list.

jrseney, 7 years ago

Hi Dave, thanks for the response.

I have considered this approach, however it doesn't seem appropriate when considering clients with 6+ languages and more on the horizon.

I would have to manually duplicate each custom field, subscribe actions, and unsubscribe actions. Also, I would lose the semantic meaning of the list, and would make it difficult to separate different types of subscribers - for example "Internal, Customers, Exclusive Clients, Sub-Product Customers". In addition, we would lose the wonderful "at a glance" analytics provided for a list (since all subscriptions would be spread out loosely amongst the lists).

I realize your solution might be a quick way to get around my dilemma, assuming I had only 1 or 2 clients with a couple languages. However, moving to a larger scale with more languages would require a more robust solution. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks again,

robsedor, 7 years ago

I'd like to second Jason's feature request.  I just set up a list with 5 segments.  I will be sending out 5 blasts localized into 5 different languages.  Each language requires a custom unsubscribe confirmation, but there is no way to set to set up custom unsubscribe pages using segments in CM.  Now I'm going to have to break the list into 5 different pieces to accommodate the localized unsubscribe pages.  Ideally I'd like to use a single list and be able to customize the unsubscribe settings per each segment.

Thanks for listening,

BoPetersen, 6 years ago

preference center page language support

how about just add the posibillity to add own language tags for the client administration. i know this sounds trivial and i know how much work there is for this kind implementation, but please i have danish costumers who would kill for this feature, almost any open source CMS can be localized quite simply.. PLEASE add this feature in the near future.

Dave :

Rob, you'll be pleased to know we plan on offering foreign language support for the forward to a friend and preference center page some time in the next month or two.

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion Bo, but unfortunately we're not planning to make the Campaign Monitor application available in any other languages. The subscriber facing pages can all be either customised or shown in multiple languages though.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
bbudeck, 5 years ago

Too bad CM isn't considering to make the application available in several languages. Successfull big players in all online markets prove that it IS a good idea to do that (salesforce for example). And it isn't too hard...assuming you have done your DB architecture and software model right. A wording bench that allows all customers to change the given names of pages, fields, widgets, buttons and so on opens new markets, even those which are considered not profitable enough for releasing a full translatetd UI by yourself. Let the customers make the necessary changes...they will embrace this opportunity gladly.

Specific markets, Germany for instance, will never accept english user interfaces (a few exceptions aside) as easily as asian countries do, for example - this is a hard barrier for using the otherwise perfectly fitting tool. Very sad if a company is not able or willing to build theit application in such a felxible way, that it can easily be adapted to the specific needs of certain countries. English might be business language number 1 today, let's see what happens over the next 20 years, it's not unlikely that Chinese might supersede - adapting a UI to Chinese is so much harder than German or French...

I suggest CM to make the necessary changes today and not hang around until it will become an impossible task to change the running system...would love to sell to German customers right now, they even accept placing their data on Australian servers, but they can't cope with the english interface when it comes to day to day campaign management, no one pays for a service that is justified by the language barrier alone.
Edit: I am talking about the campaign monitor interface itself, NOT campaigns or landing pages in localized versions here. ;)

Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. We really do appreciate how passionate you are about wanting to use Campaign Monitor in other languages. At the moment, it would already be a very large project to make Campaign Monitor available in other languages (the translations themselves are only a small part of that).

As always we need to prioritise that against all the other possible things we could (and have to) be working on, and other languages for the interface is unfortunately not high on that list.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
hilburger, 5 years ago

Hi Mathew,

Bo is right. You have a great piece of software but the aspect of an english-only backend is a huge blocker for your software.
It's hard to explain to a customer how rock-solid your software is when they have the impression that this company is not able to offer their services in German and e.g. French/Spanish.

But the second blocker for far even more German companies is the fact that direct payment is only possible by credit card. CC is a very very uncommon and problematic payment method in German and French companies.

You are really missing a huge market in Germany. It is growing in at a very high speed at the moment and it would be a good idea to re-think priorities about this.

Best regards from Germany,

conschneider conschneider, 5 years ago

+1 I would also love to have a german version of the backend.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free