problem with eblast opening on a good list

We just sent an eblast to 142 of our clients and best prospects with the subject "Consider yourself gifted with a $1000 gift card from Seraph Design"

and only 14% opened the email - 19 of 142 ????

Does anyone have any ideas why they are not getting them in their regular email or not opening?
These people generally open all emails we send regularly???

Thanks Tony

Jayneylou, 7 years ago

I don't know where in the world you are - but we find during the week before Christmas lower than normal opening rates due to the sheer numbers of people that take leave from about the 19th or 20th of December onwards.

That being said - your subject title concerns me.  Sounds like spam to me and even if it passed through filters it would be the last email I'd choose to read if it even got through the various spam filters set up between my office computer and the outside world.

Did you run your email through the Campaign Monitor spam filter?

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

For more information about open rates, see

Christmas would be a time we'd expect to see open rates decline because of leave, and also because most people receive so many more marketing emails around that time.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free