Subscribe form not working.

Hi There,

I've installed a subscribe form onto my website. It directs the user to the thank you page, but the subscription doesn't seem to execute as the email isn't being added to the list. I modified the form slightly, but as stated I didn't change the element names or the action of the form so I can't understand why it's not working. I have provided the code below.

<form class="optin" action="http://www.themarketingcafe.net/thanks.asp" method="post"><span class="redText">newsletter opt-in:</span>
      <input type="text" name="name" value="name" id="name" size="15" />&nbsp;<input type="text" value="email address" name="cm-207528-207528" id="l207528-207528" size="15" />
      &nbsp;
      <input type="image" src="images/opt_in_button.gif" alt="subscribe to The Marketing Café newsletter" title="subscribe to The Marketing Café newsletter" value="Subscribe" />
    </form>

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Hey Ian,

Looking at the supplied code, the problem is because you changed the action of the form. You need to make sure you leave the action of the form as supplied, and then set the confirmation page you'd like the subscriber to be redirected to in your settings for the subscribe form.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098