need help with saving a .gif

I am brand new to CM and trying to figure out how all this works!  I have everything done in my campaign but replacing the header.  I work in photoshop and need direction on how to save a slice (ie the header) out of the layered PSD file from the template I downloaded.  i tried to save only the header as a .gif and got the whole canvas, basically, instead.  So for a non-coding dummy, how do I save JUST the header from the layered PSD template and upload to CM?

Thanks in advance!

Jayneylou, 7 years ago

There are a couple of ways you can do this

The easiest way to do this is the crop tool... Crop to the size you want and then "Save for web" go through the options displayed and choose gif with the appropriate amount of colours for the image you're working with.

Alternatively you can splice the file using the slice tool (use just the images and not any of the other rubbish that this produces)

And finally... you can also use the Marquee tool to divide the file...

There are dozens of tutorials online for these three tools... but here's one to start you off

BThies BThies, 7 years ago

Flatten the image, highlight the area you want to take, copy it, and paste it into a new document (when you create the new document, it'll auto-resize the new document to the area you copied).

Then just Save for Web.  Quick and easy.

I usually create my entire document, then use the guidelines pulled down from the rulers to break it into "puzzle pieces".  From there, I flatten and do the process above.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free