what am i doing wrong here with the repeater code?

so i have never done an email with campaign monitor before... lots of learning. i have a very basic knowledge of code and figured i could muscle though doing a simple one column template email blast.

do i even need repeater code? i loaded the html and it said the <$description...> code was wrong. which you can clearly see...

here's what i have:

any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hi metrotransit, welcome to Campaign Monitor.

From what it looks like, you've actually already designed your HTML email ready to send. The templates feature is really for you to create a base design that your or your clients can easily add content too. If your content is already added and ready to send, just go through the create/send process and import your HTML file there, as opposed to using templates.

Please let me know if that doesn't make sense.

metrotransit, 7 years ago

makes sense. thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

dmpinder, 7 years ago

Dave, you're a genius! 

I'd been having similar problems as metrotransit - every time I made a small change on the template I had to go into the Templates area and re-upload all the files. I hadn't realised I could just create the email totally in Dreamweaver and just import the entire HTML file (content and all) as an email instead of a template!

Thanks for the help!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free