Campaign Monitor not sending email

When I click Schedule this Campaign or Send this Campaign Immediately nothing seems to happen. Browser stays on that page (FF3.0 on XP).

I am VERY nervous about sending the same email twice but have tried to send twice anyway. No luck.

I submitted the problem and was told "Thanks, your issue has been sent to our support team, we'll be in touch real soon." But that was about 20 minutes ago. My boss is fuming at the moment and my supper has gone cold.

I need to know if Campaign Monitor is not working so I can send this some other way.

Stephen

travisbell travisbell, 7 years ago

Hi Stephen,

I just got your support ticket and replied to you.

--
Travis Bell
scobb, 7 years ago

Yes, I am using Firefox. You suggest some extension or add-on might be the problem it is not working. Can you think of any that might or am I going to have to disable them all and try again?

Hi Stephen,

To be honest, this is the first time I have heard of anything like this happening. I have personally had some ad-blocking extensions get in the way of clicking links before so I might start there, but as a first try, I might disable them all just to quickly see if that is in fact, the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

--
Travis Bell
scobb, 7 years ago

Oh yes, the test send worked fine -- if that helps explain what is not working here.

I am now trying doing the whole thing over in a different browser.

Stephen

And just to confirm, sending the test email was _not_ working before? Or it was?

Did you try disabling all of the extensions before trying another browser?

--
Travis Bell
scobb, 7 years ago

Okay, recreated entire campaign using Google Chrome. Did a test send. Worked fine. Application appears to hang just before the payment page, but after 5 minutes, it did reach payment page and this time processed the payment when I hit Send Campaign.

Will simply use Chrome in the future.

Thanks...Stephen

Thanks for letting us know and glad it is working for you now.

--
Travis Bell
scobb, 7 years ago

Travis --

Test send worked fine in Firefox multiple times (I would never do a large send without a test). Test send worked without me altering any Firefox settings or disabling extensions.

And that is what had me so confused...hard to think that Firefox would allow one but not the other.

The campaign went through in Chrome, but there was a long delay before the payment page loaded. The payment page obviously loaded in Firefox, but the button "did not work".

I'm happy to do our next mailing in Chrome.

Stephen

jaymis, 7 years ago

I've just had what seems to be a very similar problem. Testing was fine, everything seemed ok until the "pay immediately" button, which seemed to just sit there (on Opera Mac 9.63). Left it for about 10 minutes, then went back to "test delivery" and tried again to no avail. So I tried a scheduled delivery 5 minutes in the future, which worked fine.

Any changes to the "send immediately" button code recently?

Hey jaymis,

Not that I know of. Not that we know of any big issues with Opera, it isn't *technically* on our list of supported browsers. As a first step I would try Safari or Firefox to see if the problem exists there as well.

Let me know if you try this again.

--
Travis Bell
filmworkers, 7 years ago

same thing is happening to me right now. I also sent an email  while ago with no response as of yet.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098