Email template for showcasing products...?

Hey Everyone.

I love Campaign Monitor and have used it for a few clients.  I have a new client interesting in sending a newsletter that is both informational, but also lists their current product specials.  I have been looking for a template that has a thumbnail, description, and buy now buttons for each product listed vertically... and then I could just add an informational section underneath as well.  Does anyone know of anything along these lines?

Thanks.

dmpinder, 7 years ago

domainbrain,

I'm also looking for an eCommerce based template to use for similar purpose. If you find any, can you let me know? I'd also be interested in seeing any of yours that you come up with?

Thanks

Darren

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hey domainbrain,
other than CM's free email templates, quality templates are unfortunately hard to find.

If you need some inspiration to create your own template, the gallery is a great place to go. Although it's not exactly what you described, Threadless is worth a look. Probably the best ecommerce newsletter I know.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Like Stig, I'd suggest starting with one of our templates, and just adding in a simple table structure to hold the information you want.

That's the most likely to render reasonably consistently across email clients.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
domainbrain, 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies...

Question for Stig / Mathew / Whomever:

When I am not building from scratch my self-taught experience in design has come from finding existing templates and editing the code/images to reconstruct them into something I had a vision of.  I obviously usually do this with open source designs like you suggested.  I have always changed things enough where they become unique in my opinion.. but my question is regarding legal issues when using a non-open source design.

For example, I found a couple templates in your section for inspiration that are awesome and close to the layout I have in mind.  If I take any of these templates and edit their sizing and images/colors etc, how much of an issue is that, and should I worry about such a thing if they have similar layouts but completely different content/coloring/images?

Thanks ahead of time!

supernath, 7 years ago

domainbrain: I would be very upset if I saw one of my templates being used with a few colors or images changed. I feel examining how others build things is useful when you are learning, but you shouldn't adapt others work unless permission has been given.

My $.02

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

I have to agree with Mathew and supernath here - the gallery should only be used as inspiration. The free templates are the best starting point for coding your own template.

Stig

BThies BThies, 7 years ago

or... pay someone to design a custom template for you.  (wink wink)

Brian

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Absolutely, Brian :)

Here's a list, domainbrain, and Brian is on it.

Stig

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098