Webversion Link not correct

I have a webversion link to my client's site and for some reason it's adding a space to the end of the link when just using html code. I just tried using <webversion>view newsletter on our website</webversion> and the code is displaying as follows:

http://brownbagbiblebuddies.createsend3.com/t/r/i/jjtdkj/ayuiuty/r<a href="http://brownbagbiblebuddies.createsend3.com/t/r/i/jjtdkj/ayuiuty/r">View newsletter on our website</a>.

Well it's not displaying the html, but it is displaying the link (in plain text) and the linked text is running into it.

Any solutions to fix my problem?

pyropoptrt, 7 years ago

I would use a .htaccess file and mod_rewrite to redirect the link with the extra space at the end to the correct link but my client's host doesn't support .htaccess files.

thegoodlife, 7 years ago

so is it clear if the issue is only when sending test emails?

or

will it effect the whole campaign?

thanks

pyropoptrt, 7 years ago

When I preview the campaign the link works correctly, but when I send a test email or send the campaign email the link is incorrect.

thegoodlife, 7 years ago

you can always place the html newsletter file you created on your own server and then link it to the URL.

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hi pyropoptrt,

Thanks for dropping a note about this, this issue has been fixed now, so please feel free to re-import your campaign and the web version will display fine.

pyropoptrt, 7 years ago

Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try!

pyropoptrt, 7 years ago
thegoodlife :

you can always place the html newsletter file you created on your own server and then link it to the URL.

That's actually what I've been doing all along. My biggest problem is that it is adding a space after the link and thus resulting in a page not found. Normally I would just use mod_rewrite to correct this but my client's host doesn't support .htaccess files.

I'm currently trying to use CM's other methods to list a webversion of the email to correct my problem.

pyropoptrt, 7 years ago

Well I was able to get it to work using

<a href="[webversion]">View newsletter online</a>

For some reason if I try to have a static link to the page on the website it keeps adding a space to the end of the link. It's only doing this on the template, when I add links to the details area they all work correctly.

But once again, Thanks Dave for looking into this and correcting my issues I was having!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098