Export custom fields in CSV for bounces and unsubscription

I had imported the email addresses of my client's subscribers together with several custom fields. After sending a mailing, I tried to export these custom fields together with the subscriber's email address from the reports. I haven't been able to do so but need to provide my clients with bounce and unsubscribe reports including the custom fields.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thank you,

Jonas

jonasvp, 7 years ago

Well, sorry for being thick. I found what I was looking for under Manage Subscribers/Export Subscribers. I kept looking under the campaign reports but it does make more sense there...

Thanks anyway,

Jonas

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hey Jonas,

While you can definitely export a list of bounced, unsubscribed, etc from your campaign reports, these exports currently don't include custom fields. You got it though, subscriber list export is the place to go for that data.

djwhisky, 7 years ago

We've just had this same issue - our client has been used to export the custom fields themselves. They've only got report access and therefore can't access the Manage Subscribes/Export Subscribers feature.
The situation we're at is that an email has been sent and then they would like to export the list of unsubscribes/bounces so they can update their database. They do this by using their own database unique id which we store in a custom field for them.
I guess the question is, are you likely to enable this feature at all in the near future?

Thanks

James

djwhisky, 7 years ago

Our client has also just had another request relating to custom fields... in that it would be nice to be able to select custom fields to display on the recipient activity reports... so you could, in my example above, display Database ID, Email Address, Name, Opens, Clicks....

any chance? :-)

djwhisky, 7 years ago

Hey guys
Wondering if there was any update to this?
Our clients used to use this the whole time in the old Campaign Monitor and they've therefore lost functionality since we've 'upgraded' to the new version... just about to send out another campaign for them and they're asking again...

inspiration, 7 years ago

Okay, so I'm a total newb. I've hired a designer to make/edit our HTML template, but I'm trying to manage things from here. Ugh.

I'm trying to figure out how I export unsubscribes from the list I uploaded after the campaign is finished. I've asked tech support 3 times and they just keep saying, "Yes you can" or "It shouldn't be a problem". Can someone tell me HOW I export my unsubscribes to re-import or re-merge with our lists??

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

@inspiration :

All you need to do is go the list of unsubscribes in your campaign report, and then click the 'export' button at the bottom of that page.

@djwhisky

It's never been possible in Campaign Monitor to show custom fields in the list views - it's something we are collecting requests for but not currently planning

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
peterbaker, 7 years ago

I second (or third or fifth) this request. It's hard to tell a client why you can do that in one export place, but not another.

ericdevos ericdevos, 5 years ago
peterbaker :

I second (or third or fifth) this request. It's hard to tell a client why you can do that in one export place, but not another.

I second that. It would help a lot if Custom fields could be shown in Bounce and Link activity exports.

LisaK, 5 years ago

What happens if I export my bounces, clean em up and bring em back in again to re-send the same campaign. Yes, I get two lots of reporting and that's life, but what happens to the old bounce records? Do they just stay in my system for the previous send or should I delete them so I am not duplicating with a different email address?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

I'd say, leave the old bounced email addresses. Once an email has soft bounced 3 times without any trackable activity it will automatically be converted to a hard bounce and be removed from your list, anyway. Take a look at this doc on bounces for further details.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098